The bug fixes are getting smaller, the features are being tweaked – Minecraft 1.16 Nether Update edges closer and closer to pre-release. This weeks Minecraft snapshot brings Nether Advancements, game-mode switcher & bug fix imrovements.
A Minecraft Java Snapshot
This week we are releasing a bit of a smaller snapshot. However, if you’re into switching game modes and completing advancements, this is right up your alley!
NEW FEATURES IN IN 20W20A
- Added new Game Mode Switcher debug menu
- Added new Nether Advancements
GAME MODE SWITCHER
New F3 debug feature which allows you to switch game modes with traditional “tabbing” functionality.
- Hold F3 and tap F4 to open the menu
- Tapping F4 will cycle the game mode, or you can use the mouse
- Release F3 to apply
- Your last game mode is remembered and will be the first selected option, so you can quickly toggle between two game modes with a single press of F3 + F4!
F3 + N (TOGGLE SPECTATOR)
A small change has been made to this debug combination.
- By default, using this key would return to Creative after toggling from Spectator. It now will toggle back to the previous game mode you had
- As an example, if you were in Survival, then toggled to Spectator and back, you would be set back to Survival
- Hidden in the Depths unlocks when obtaining Ancient Debris
- Cover Me in Debris unlocks when obtaining full Netherite armor
- Country Lode, Take Me Home unlocks when using a Compass on a Lodestone
- Who Is Cutting Onions? unlocks when obtaining Crying Obsidian
- Not Quite “Nine” Lives unlocks when setting a Respawn Anchor to the maximum
- This Boat Has Legs unlocks when riding a Strider with a Fungus on a Stick
- Hot Tourist Destinations unlocks when visiting all Biomes in the Nether
- Those Were the Days unlocks when entering a Bastion Remnant
- War Pigs unlocks when looting a chest in a Bastion Remnant
- Oh Shiny unlocks when distracting an angry Piglin with gold
CHANGES IN 20W20A
- The Bullseye advancement now unlocks when hitting the bullseye of a target block from at least 30 meters away
- The Serious Dedication advancement is now awarded for obtaining a Netherite Hoe
- Obtaining Blackstone now also counts for the Stone Age advancement
- Breeding Striders now counts for `The Parrots and the Bats` and is now required for Two by Two
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 20W20A
- Shulkers with NoAI can now be summoned with rotation.
- Added thrown_item_picked_up_by_entity advancement trigger
- Added player_generates_container_loot advancement trigger
- Added item_used_on_block advancement trigger
- Removed safely_harvest_honey advancement trigger
ITEM_USED_ON_BLOCK TRIGGER TYPE
- item matches the thrown item which was picked up
- entity matches the entity which picked up the item
PLAYER_GENERATES_CONTAINER_LOOT TRIGGER TYPE
loot_table matches the resource location of the generated loot table
ITEM_USED_ON_BLOCK TRIGGER TYPE
- location matches the location at the center of the block the item was used on
- item matches the item used on the block
MISCELLANEOUS TRIGGER CHANGES
- location got a new propertysmokey which checks if the location is closely above a campfire
- entity_properties got new properties vehicle and targetedEntity which match the vehicle or the entity targeted by a mob
FIXED BUGS IN 20W20A
- MC-118234 – Advancement ‘Not Today, Thank You’ can be triggered by non-arrow projectiles
- MC-173207 – Bullseye advancement can be made when using a non-arrow projectile, even though the description explicitly mentions arrows
- MC-173756 – Ice Bucket Challenge advancement can be obtained by collecting obsidian from bartering
- MC-175992 – Striders are not part of the “Two by Two” advancement challenge
- MC-179481 – Structure block offset can’t be bigger than 32
- MC-182967 – Throwing ender pearl whilst mounted doesn’t teleport you
GET THE SNAPSHOT
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?