MINECRAFT 1.16 PRE-RELEASE 1
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
It’s time for 1.16 pre-releases!
Going forward you should mostly see bugs being fixed. Additionally, pre-releases doesn’t necessarily tend to our usual cadence of releasing on Wednesdays, so keep an eye out!
NEW FEATURES IN 1.16 PRE-RELEASE 1
- Added new “Fabulous” graphics option – uses per-pixel blending layers for some transparent elements
CHANGES IN 1.16 PRE-RELEASE 1
- You can now milk Cows and Mooshrooms in creative mode
- You can now get stew from Mooshrooms in creative mode
- When you use an empty bucket on water in creative mode, you now get a bucket of water. If you have a bucket of water in your inventory already, no additional water buckets will be added when you use your empty bucket on water.
- When any villager is struck by lightning, the witch it is converted to will no longer despawn
- Added gamerule universalAnger (disabled by default), which makes angered neutral mobs attack any nearby player, not just the player that angered them. Works best if you disable forgiveDeadPlayers.
- Added gamerule forgiveDeadPlayers (enabled by default), which makes angered neutral mobs stop being angry when the targeted player dies nearby.
- Zombified piglins no longer attack innocent bystanders (unless you enable gamerule universalAnger)
- Zombified piglins stop being angry if the targeted player dies nearby (unless you disable gamerule forgiveDeadPlayers)
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 1.16 PRE-RELEASE 1
- Smithing recipes can now be added or changed through data packs
- Game will now detect critical datapack issues, like missing required tags and prevent world from being loaded
DATA PACK SELECTION
- Data packs can now be selected before world is created
- “Copy world” option will also copy data packs present in source world
PACK SELECTION SCREEN
- Packs can now be dropped directly on data and resource pack selection screens
- Dropped files and directories will be copied to appropriate places
There’s now a smithing recipe type. Recipes of this type are used in the smithing table to upgrade one item type into another type, maintaining tags.
- base – Ingredient specifying an item to be upgraded.
- addition – Ingredient specifying valid items to trigger the upgrade.
- result – Item specifying the resulting type of the upgraded item.
FIXED BUGS IN 1.16 PRE-RELEASE 1
- MC-4520 – Aggressive neutral mobs become neutral when the world is reloaded
- MC-9856 – you cannot pick up buckets of water/lava in creative mode
- MC-36322 – Unable to milk cows in creative
- MC-64623 – Lightning bolts cannot be targeted by selectors
- MC-69032 – When a mob hits a zombified piglin, and that mob dies, the zombified piglins attack you
- MC-90969 – Cannot get mushroom stew from mooshrooms / milk from cows in creative mode
- MC-106968 – Snow golems aren’t damaged by splash or lingering water bottles
- MC-127004 – Waterlogged blocks cause z-fighting when looking at them from a distance
- MC-138675 – Wither skulls inflict the Wither effect on players in Creative mode
- MC-138713 – “Two by Two” advancement does not require donkeys or mules
- MC-158906 – After sleeping in a bed, players aren’t positioned in the center of a block
- MC-159500 – Hostile mobs attacking bees also cause the bees to attack players
- MC-161969 – Casting issue: Adding ender eyes to end portal frames at high distances causes particles to lose precision
- MC-163950 – Ice bordering water causes z-fighting issues from a distance
- MC-164692 – Entering a boat does not play the hand animation
- MC-165669 – Hand animation is playing when you’re aiming at a block through the mob and use the spawn egg
- MC-165734 – Minecarts with furnace still display a hand animation with incompatible items when not on a rail
- MC-166188 – Bees still hitting player after death
- MC-166524 – Trying to dye a sheep with the same color as sheep displays hand animation
- MC-167042 – Casting issue: Campfire embers are generated at a point that loses precision at high coordinates
- MC-167044 – Casting issue: Enchanting table book does not open for the player at high distances in some cases
- MC-167046 – Casting issue: Lava ember particles and lava popping sounds lose precision on creation at high coordinates
- MC-167047 – Casting issue: TNT blocks ignited by other explosions lose precision at high coordinates
- MC-167091 – Casting issue: Water particles dripping from leaves lose precision at high coordinates
- MC-167195 – Bees anger towards players in survival when killed in one hit
- MC-167971 – Casting issue: Particles emitted by redstone repeaters lose precision at high coordinates
- MC-168675 – Settings that update after closing the video settings menu don’t if you change the fullscreen setting
- MC-170872 – Casting issue: Nether biome particles suffer from precision loss
- MC-170944 – /locatebiome messages do not fit for all biome names
- MC-171035 – Casting issue: Particles from falling rain lose precision at high coordinates
- MC-171037 – Casting issue: smoke produced by lava during rain loses precision at high coordinates
- MC-171663 – Right-clicking on unemployed villagers sometimes cause hand animation to stop after a villager has a profession
- MC-171683 – Crimson and warped doors can’t have transparent textures
- MC-172259 – Baby Hoglin/Zoglin have their head slightly above their neck, it seems that their head is partly floating
- MC-172531 – Small mobs get stuck in fence corners
- MC-172610 – When not aiming at a block through a ridable mob while using a spawn egg on it, the player starts riding the mob and a baby mob is spawned
- MC-174815 – Piglins don’t automatically attack withers
- MC-175028 – Sometimes hoglins don’t avoid warped fungus
- MC-175215 – Respawn anchors destroy blocks when detonated underwater
- MC-175409 – Soul speed “effect” stays when you levitate/fly off of soul sand or soul soil
- MC-175476 – Respawn anchor doesn’t cull block faces
- MC-175911 – Soul Speed lasts after leaving soul blocks
- MC-176041 – Using a spawn egg on a strider while aiming at lava spawns both a baby and an adult strider
- MC-176188 – Striders are not damaged by splash or lingering water bottles
- MC-176225 – Accelerating a baby strider’s growth does not display hand animation
- MC-176470 – Respawning in the nether does not de-aggro zombified piglins
- MC-176637 – Closing game during Mojang load screen causes NullPointerException
- MC-176640 – You can set your spawn point inside dangerous blocks
- MC-178567 – Shearing sheep does not display hand animation again
- MC-178618 – Feeding a flower to a brown mooshroom does not perform hand animation
- MC-178961 – /loot … fish … command no longer has any functionality
- MC-179561 – Retreating baby hoglins sometimes won’t pathfind to the opposite direction of the player
- MC-180111 – Hoglins angered for reasons other than being attacked by the player ignore placed repellents.
- MC-180922 – Right clicking a mob with a spawn egg to spawn the baby variant doesn’t play the hand swing animation when not aiming at a block through the mob
- MC-182308 – Chicken jockeys cannot despawn
- MC-182748 – Casting issue: Redstone dust particles are generated at the wrong positions at high coordinates
- MC-182883 – Parity issue: Baby hoglins don’t follow adult hoglins
- MC-183766 – Who Is Cutting Onions Improperly Capitalized
- MC-183767 – Incorrect filename for “Serious Dedication” advancement in vanilla data pack
- MC-183792 – piglin_loved item tag has unnecessary items
- MC-183821 – “Game Mode Switcher” bottom hint text isn’t centered
- MC-183825 – New nether challenges don’t grant experience points
- MC-183893 – Gold nugget isn’t under #piglin_loved
- MC-184679 – Using custom world generation, temperature is written wrong
- MC-184947 – Carriage return symbol can be seen when importing or exporting world generation settings to or from certain worlds
- MC-185095 – “thrown_item_picked_up_by_entity” advancement trigger does not work for players
- MC-185377 – Bone mealing kelp creates a large field of particles, rather than only within the kelp’s block space
- MC-185480 – Casting issue: Smoke particles emitted by campfires during rain form at the wrong positions at high coordinates
- MC-186062 – Warning “Could not find uniform named InSize in the specified shader program.” when loading resources
- MC-186064 – Clouds render in front of everything for some users
- MC-186067 – Some structures’ loot chests do not contain any items
- MC-186071 – Clouds are visible and don’t render correctly when they are turned off
- MC-186074 – Particles render in the wrong order with transparent blocks when using certain graphics cards
- MC-186075 – GPU usage in latest snapshot significantly higher than before, causing lag or crash for some users
- MC-186080 – Entities, block entities, and items are rendered black on some graphics cards
- MC-186088 – Block hitboxes once again cause semi-transparent blocks not to render behind them
- MC-186089 – Functions load before entity tags do, causing loading errors.
- MC-186101 – Some commands in functions cause a NullPointerException
- MC-186108 – Enchantment glint does not render on dropped/thrown items
- MC-186109 – You can use multiplayer commands on a singleplayer world
- MC-186124 – Lightning bolt doesn’t render
- MC-186204 – Items render in front of other entities, transparent blocks, and blocks with special renderers
- MC-186253 – Held translucent blocks make the water, clouds, particles, and placed translucent blocks behind them invisible in third person mode.
- MC-186274 – Purple light from Ender Dragon’s Death doesn’t appear
- MC-186284 – Player’s point of view is upside down in 20w22a
- MC-186314 – Villagers become fixated on potential job site
- MC-186335 – Bees age calculation inside hive/nest is broken
- MC-186455 – Persistent villagers without experience can despawn after converting to a witch
- MC-186464 – Enabled data packs still show up in the “/datapack enable” list
- MC-186478 – Tag minecraft:tick doesn’t work when joining a world
- MC-186480 – Inner parts of slime blocks and honey blocks disappear again while the block is moved by a piston
- MC-186600 – Nether gold ore is gray on a map
- MC-186696 – Totem of Undying causes red or blue tint in the screen when in F5 mode
GET THE PRE-RELEASE
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Head over to our feedback website or come chat with us about it on the official Minecraft Discord.