Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock SimplyCubed 1.20 Edition (1.6.2)

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

SimplyCubed 1.20 Edition (1.6.2)

The SimplyCubed texture pack is generously brought to you with less unnecessary details while keeping the main concept, and look, of the block to be recognized from its raw form. The texture pack helps with complexity, and might even boost fps. Others to compare to are; Paper Cutout, 4x4, OCD, plastic, and Bare Bones texture packs.

Subscribe with the bell 😀

Pictures: The shaders used are ESTN Shaders Github edition (one is the Kamii Shaders v3). The background map is the SimplySurvival world that I have also made.

Information: Please read this Read Me file and Copyright/License file. (can also be found in the .zip and .mcpack download files)

Description: SimplyCubed is a texture pack made for people who like simplicity, and organization as more and more textures are added to the game with blocks, and mobs. I introduce to you the SimplyCubed texture pack. This texture pack eliminates and simplifies any unnecessary details and shading that can be removed for a smoother and cleaner look. This helps improve the game's look and feel, and can even boost fps for some on lower devices, as they don't need to render as much detail as there was needed before.

Disclaimer: 

1. I know that there are websites stealing this pack, as well as others and that isn't fair for the creator as they had put the effort and time into them. So if you see any website stealing this, do leave a comment and I will call them out. (do help out other creators as well)
  2. This texture pack does look like some others, though this keeps all the necessary details needed to recognize the block in its original form. Please do not say that I have stolen the textures, as I have worked hard on this since mid-2019, and is being updated to fix bugs, and to keep up to date with the textures. This is an original idea, and I have not seen this be done for Minecraft and I have brought it into a reality.
  3. The 1.17 Edition Update (for versions 1.3.0+) Is still technically in beta, but the block entities are basically done. Please do give me some time as I'm trying my hardest as one person to fix and finish these textures. Thank you for understanding, and I hope you enjoy the pack!

Q&A:

Q: Will there be an RTX version of this pack?
A: As of right now, I do not have an RTX-capable device. But if in the future I do get my hands on one, you bet I will get onto making the pack work with RTX. UPDATE: On June 25th, 2023 I got an RTX-capable device (4050 mobile), so SimplyCubedRTX (hopefully) will come out soon! Join the discord to get updated on when it is available to use!

Q: This pack seems like it stole textures from bare-bones?!
A: Although they may look similar, they are different in many ways. For example, SimplyCubed does not de-mean any textures like the leaf block. It keeps its definition and enough detail. On the other hand, BareBones just makes the entire leaf block green without any detail. Please do take a look before you comment on this. 

Q: I want to use this in a video/showcase the pack, can I?
A: You may showcase this pack, as long as you credit this link to this page in the description. Also, read the readme and license files linked above. 

Q: Will/when is there going to be a full release?
A: I have been working on this pack for a long time, and it would be expected to get out of beta by now. I am working on the entities right now, but the current version of SimplyCubed is just the blocks, and block entities. 

Q: Why aren't the download links working?
A: There could be 2 main causes of this, one could be that I have deleted the pack because a new version is out that still needs to be updated, or that Mediafire is down and won't work. Sorry for the inconvenience if they are not working, it will be fixed as soon as possible 

Q: Hey I wanna give some feedback/suggestions about the pack, where can I do that?
A: You can tell me in many ways. You can join the discord server here and tell me in the #SimplyCubed channel, or you can leave a comment down below the download links. Either way is fine, but if you would like for your suggestion to be seen as soon as possible, I would recommend going to the discord server. 

Q: There's another pack with the name SimplyCubed, can you change the name so people won't get confused?
A: I wish I could, but there are many reasons why I can't. Mainly, I have other packs with the "Simply" prefix in them, and I don't want to change this and break the mashup pack they all give. Another reason is that I haven't seen the name before and I had liked it I didn't do any research (which I should have) and seen that there already was a name with that. Don't think I have not considered changing the name, it's just many circumstances that won't let me.

Q: How do you decide which details to keep or not?
A: Simple answer: If it isn't needed I remove it. Long answer: If the texture can be simplified but becomes one color or very similar to another block, I will add whatever details that make that block look different (excluding the concrete since those are solid colors) for example, dirt would look a lot like brown concrete, so I add the little parts of grey clay (I'm assuming that's what that is) in to distinguish it. I also remove any shading that doesn't define that block, but I'll keep it if it does. For example, planks need the outline of each plank, or else it will be a solid color and unrecognizable as wooden planks.

Q: How can I access the files early without needing to wait?
A: Join the discord, I'll post an announcement with the files so you don't need to wait! Join the discord here!

NEW! Addon Packs!

Introducing Addon Packs! These addon packs help you play Minecraft with ease in a certain category, they are a new way for you to enhance your gameplay experience by adding textures to help gameplay in specific categories of gameplay. These Addon Packs are designed to improve the quality of life for players by making the game's visuals more appealing and immersive.

*Some/most of these additions are a modified version of the Bedrock/VanillaTweak's Texture pack addons, some are also from my posts, credit given in changelog!

SimplyCubed Survival Addon Pack 1.0.1:

Before:

After:

*Waxed copper and infested stone indicator outlines are shown only in the inventory

Clearer wither hearts:

Brewing guide:

Enchantment levels:

Trading guide:

Waxed copper and infested stone indicator outlines:

Hunger indicators:

Quick crafting:

SimplyCubed Survival Addon Pack 1.0.1:

Before:

After (without redstone level indicators):

After (with redstone level indicators):

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do, and I plan to make a PVP Addon Pack as soon as I do the items for the main pack, so keep an eye out!

Please support me on Cash App to help fund these creations that you love! I really appreciate those who have supported me already, and helping me allows me to create more for you guys! (maybe even expand to Java edition!)

Changelog

You can see the changelog for each official version inside the downloaded file!

New: New title image, fixed piglin textures, fixed snow grass block side.

Installation

There are many tutorials online, it would be easier for both of us to reference that instead 😀

creator: https://www.twitter.com/LightslicerGP

Topic starter Posted : 18/11/2019 7:53 pm
McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

updated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/09/2023 7:15 pm
Share: