Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock Minescape

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

Minescape

Minescape 0.6 adds skills into Minecraft that have never been seen on Bedrock Edition. Taking direct inspiration from Runescape, this update brings the Agility, Attack, Constitution, Defense, Ranged, Thieving, and Prayer skills to the game. Along with this, new mechanics have been introduced that completely change the way you play the game and interact with things. Step forth into Minescape, a world of adventure and mystery awaits!

Welcome to Minescape 0.6.2 an update bringing many quality of life changes and bug fixes to many of the systems.

I have been hard at work fixing more of the most apparent bugs along with adding some quality of life features I believe you will all find enjoyable. For clarity, I will be listing all the Patch Notes for 0.6.2 up here for people who are already familiar with the addon, but I will be updating all the relevant information below as well for those who are new. I have also created a video walking through all of the patch notes and changes, and I have began working on a Minescape BE Wiki site for those who need quick access to more in-depth information. This Wiki will serve as a way to preserve the vast amounts of information in the add-on and will allow you to find necessary information quickly.

Minescape BE Wiki 0.6.2 Patch Notes:  https://minescape-be.fandom.com/wiki/Minescape_0.6.2_Patch_Notes

Overview:

Minescape 0.6.2 contains additional bug fixes to the winged helmet and tweaks to system messages regarding skills

Patch Notes:

• General
    • Changes
      • Party Hats no longer provide knockback resistance
      • The overall XP required to gain a Mastery Token has been increased to 1,000,000 (previously 750,000)
      • Cloaks and Skillcapes have had their item and model textures updated
  • Wiki
    • Changes
      • Party Hats added to the Wiki
      • Constitution added to the Wiki
  • Agility
    • Bug Fixes
      • The Winged Helmet now provides its given buff effect
  • Prayer
    • Bug Fixes
      • Burnt Bones were not giving the correct XP amount when used on Gilded Altars
    • Changes
      • Burying bones anywhere now gives the user the XP directly, previously it would give the XP to the nearest player
  • Thieving
    • Bug Fixes
      • Glistering Melon Slices can now be stolen from Farmer Villagers
    • Changes
      • All messages said to a player now omit the entity sending a message
        • ex: "<Villager> Villager whispers to you: Your level is too low to steal from this villager!" now becomes "Your level is too low to steal from this villager!"

Previous Minescape Patch Notes:

0.6.1:  https://minescape-be.fandom.com/wiki/Minescape_0.6.1_Patch_Notes

The following are the original notes and information from version 0.6, details regarding 0.6 that were incorrect have now been updated.

This is the largest update to Minescape, as it is the culmination of 2-3 months of learning and creating systems that have never been done before in Minecraft. The skills in this update are largely taken from Runescape, from where I draw much of my current inspiration from. This update introduces Agility, Attack, Constitution, Defense, Ranged, Thieving, and Prayer. Although the only current functional skills with their own mechanics are Agility, Constitution, and Thieving, I have introduced the methods required to level up the other skills as a placeholder. These skills will be updated in future updates to include new mechanics, but I am waiting until I have other skills created. Below you will find the extremely long notes of all the changes in this update. If you wish to support me and my content, please consider subscribing to my youtube channel, you will be able to find it via the trailer, which is meant to show snippets of all the new things coming to the game. I plan to begin working on guides for each skill as separate videos and share the best methods of accruing experience in them In the coming weeks as I begin working on Minescape 0.7 which will be introducing Farming and Herblore.

Disclaimer

As the sole creator and owner of Minescape, please feel free to share my addon and translate it to your language if need be. However, DO NOT reuse the systems I have made and post your own addon that is a direct clone of mine. I spent months creating and working on these systems to get them to the point that they are currently at. Please ensure that you credit me and my channel when translating/reposting this addon, and ensure that you are only using the links I have distributed, DO NOT distribute your own download links for my addon for your own monetary benefit.

This addon is a work in progress, and anything you obtain while playing it may have its appearance change, have its properties altered, or be completely removed. Play it with this understanding in mind.

0.6 PATCH NOTES

Changes To Existing Content

Changes To World Settings:

In order to play everything that this add-on has to offer, you will need to turn on Holiday Creator Features, the Creation of Custom Biomes, and Experimental Molang Features.

Changes to Download:

I have changed the way the download is listed, it is now a single .mcaddon instead of being two separate RP and BP downloads, this should make the addon more accessible.

Loot Bags:

Problem: Loot Bags did not fit in the direction I was hoping to take the addon in and I feel that they negatively impact the goals I am working towards. While they were a fun thing for a time, they no longer fit what Minescape is about.

Solution: Loot Bags have been removed from Minescape in 0.6, as such, when updating an existing world to 0.6 any villagers that utilized loot bag trades will become broken, and all loot bags and filters set up with loot bags in mind will no longer function. Please plan accordingly when updating to 0.6. There is a separate pack for Loot Bags, but it overwrites the new loot tables I have created for this update and causes the Prayer skill to be unable to be leveled, if enough people wish for an alternative pack that still has loot bags, please let me know.

Treasure Goblins:

Problem: Treasure Goblins, while a fun and interesting mob addition, currently provide no use aside from fun gimmick items, and some of the features on these gimmick items were starting to affect the way you play in ways I did not intend for.

Solution: Treasure Goblins will no longer show up in the world. I heard that they have left to go in search of new treasures… they may show up again someday.

Party Hats:

Problem: They are one of the strongest helmets obtainable and very easy to obtain once an automatic farm has been acquired. In addition to this, they were a part of the Loot Bag system which no longer exists.

Solution: Party Hats now have a small chance to drop from all monsters and can appear in chests. Party Hats have also had their base armor and durability values lowered. All standard Party Hats have had their armor and durability values lowered to be in line with Iron Helmets, and the Black Party Hats values have been adjusted to Diamond Helmets.

Infused Crystals, Wither Cores, Ender Dragon, and Wither armor:

Problem: Infused Crystals, the Wither Core, and the armor sets that came with them were made as a temporary addition to the game as I learned how to do more things. The crystals also make the player have far too much flexibility in what they can use, and being 100% immune to an effect 100% of the time is not something I want to strive for, at least it should not be attainable with a single item and no drawbacks.

Solution: With the sudden popularity of this addon, I have decided to remove all of this content entirely. I don't want people to get to the point where they have obtained this armor then find out they are losing it all when 0.7 comes out. I will be working on a separate addon that will contain these features.

Cloaks & Mastery Cloaks:

Problem: Cloaks and then Mastery Cloaks were clipping through an Elytra when worn, and it caused them to function and look clunky.

Solution: Cloaks now have their cape part hidden when a player puts on an Elytra with a cloak being worn. When the Elytra is unequipped the cape will reappear.

New General Items

Stat Viewer:

The stat viewer is a new item that can be crafted from a book. Interacting with the stat viewer will show your stats in alphabetical order as level, current XP, and required XP along with your total level and total XP.

Mastery Tokens: 

Mastery Tokens are a new item obtained every 1,000,000 XP. These will be used to craft limited-time items, mastery cloaks, and more!

Skills

Constitution:

Breakdown

Constitution is a health-based skill that levels up as you kill enemies. You receive an additional heart container at levels 9,19,29,39,49,59,69,79,89, and 99. This system includes changes in health in the effect that players no longer have natural regeneration. You are now able to eat all food items to gain a regeneration effect. The amount of saturation food provided to hunger has been directly translated to the strength of its regeneration effect. This means cooked chicken will restore more hearts than a potato.

Items

At level 99 Constitution, players can wear the Constitution Skillcape Which provides a Regeneration 1 effect when worn.

Calculations

Constitution XP is calculated as DAMAGE DEALT * 3 for all forms of combat

Agility:

Breakdown

Agility is a stamina-based skill that levels up as you move throughout your world. The most notable feature of this skill is the inclusion of a stamina system. The stamina system is percentage-based (as far as you can tell), and you lose stamina by sprinting. In order to regenerate stamina, you can either walk, crouch, or stand still. In general, the slower you are moving the more stamina you will regenerate per second. In addition to this, for every 9 levels you gain in Agility you will receive a small bonus to your stamina regeneration. In order to provide better visuals so you don’t need to stare at your stamina, it is color-coded at 4 different percentage thresholds. This system also removes the hunger feature from the game in order to balance it better.

Items

The Agility skill introduces a new item for crafting, the Magical Parrot Feather, a rare feather obtained from parrots that are used in crafting recipes for the Winged Boots and Winged Helmet. 

The Graceful Set is the first set to provide bonuses based on how many pieces of the set you are wearing.

At Level 17 Agility, players can wear the Graceful Boots which provides a small boost to stamina regeneration when worn by itself, and a large boost to stamina regeneration when worn with the rest of the Graceful Set. Provides leather armor stats. It is crafted using 4 rabbit hide in a boot formation.

At Level 31 Agility, players can wear the Graceful Cape which provides a small boost to stamina regeneration when worn by itself, and a large boost to stamina regeneration when worn with the rest of the Graceful Set. Provides leather armor stats. Crafted using 5 rabbit hide in a helmet formation.

At Level 45 Agility, players can wear the Graceful Leggings which provides a small boost to stamina regeneration when worn by itself, and a large boost to stamina regeneration when worn with the rest of the Graceful Set. Provides leather armor stats. Crafted using 7 Rabbit Hide in legging formation.

At Level 57 Agility, players can wear the Graceful Top which provides a small boost to stamina regeneration when worn by itself, and a large boost to stamina regeneration when worn with the rest of the Graceful Set. Provides leather armor stats.

At Level 68 Agility, players can wear the Winged Helmet which regenerates 2% of stamina every 3 seconds. Provides Iron Armor stats. Crafted using 2 Magical Parrot Feathers and 5 Iron Ingots.

At Level 81 Agility, players can wear the Winged Boots which reduces fall damage by 50%, and speed 1 when worn. Provides Iron Armor stats. Crafted using 2 Magical Parrot Feathers and 4 Iron Ingots.

At level 99 Agility, players can wear the Agility Skillcape which provides a 40% reduction to stamina drain, jump boost 1, and speed 2 when worn. Crafted using 1 Mastery Token.

Calculations *Note that all Stamina Gain effects are additive*

Stamina Drain: -1% stamina every 0.25 seconds

Stamina Drain W/Mastery: -0.6% every 0.25 seconds

Stamina Bonus: AGILITY LEVEL/9

Stamina Gain: (0.4% + Stamina Bonus) every 0.7 seconds (WALKING)

Stamina Gain: (0.8% + Stamina Bonus) every 0.55 seconds (SNEAKING)

Stamina Gain: (1.2% + Stamina Bonus)  every 0.4 seconds (STANDING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (1): 0.9% every 0.7 seconds (WALKING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (2): 1.5% every 0.7 seconds (WALKING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (3): 1.9% every 0.7 seconds (WALKING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (4): 2.5% every 0.7 seconds (WALKING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (1): 0.5% every 0.55 seconds (SNEAKING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (2): 1.3% every 0.55 seconds (SNEAKING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (3): 2.1% every 0.55 seconds (SNEAKING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (4): 2.9% every 0.55 seconds (SNEAKING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (1): 1.7% every 0.4 seconds (STANDING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (2): 2.2% every 0.4 seconds (STANDING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (3): 2.7% every 0.4 seconds (STANDING)

Stamina Gain W/Graceful (4): 4.2% every 0.4 seconds (STANDING)

Agility XP from falling: (TIME FALLING - 5) * 4

Agility XP from sprinting: 20 XP per full second sprinting (1 per tick)

Thieving:

Breakdown

Thieving adds a brand new mechanic into the game by allowing you to steal items from villagers, wandering traders, and piglins. To start off, you will only be able to steal from Nitwit Villagers, and will have to level up in order to steal from the next villager! Each villager type has different items to steal and is unlocked at different levels. The higher the level required in order to steal from a villager, the more XP you gain from them. In order to steal from a villager, you must crouch and interact with them. You then must stay within 3 blocks of them to successfully have a chance to steal. There is a default 70% chance of a successful steal. 

While I will not be going through a list of all of the items that can be stolen from these villagers, they generally give items that you would either trade with them or trade for along with a few special items, such as the Rogue Set.

Items

At any level of Thieving, players can wear the Rogue Boots which provides a 20% chance to gain double rewards from stealing with 1 piece, and a 100% chance to receive double rewards from stealing with the full set equipped. Provides Leather Armor values of protection and durability. Found while thieving.

At any level of Thieving, players can wear the Rogue Trousers which provides a 20% chance to gain double rewards from stealing with 1 piece, and a 100% chance to receive double rewards from stealing with the full set equipped. Provides Leather Armor values of protection and durability. Found while thieving.

At any level of Thieving, players can wear the Rogue Top which provides a 20% chance to gain double rewards from stealing with 1 piece, and a 100% chance to receive double rewards from stealing with the full set equipped. Provides Leather Armor values of protection and durability. Found while thieving.

At any level of Thieving, players can wear the Rogue Mask which provides a 20% chance to gain double rewards from stealing with 1 piece, and a 100% chance to receive double rewards from stealing with the full set equipped. Provides Leather Armor values of protection and durability. Found while thieving.

At level 99 Thieving, players can wear the Thieving Skillcape which is applicable to the Rogue Outfit set effect and increases the chance of successfully stealing by 15%.

Calculations & Level Requirements

Level 1: Nitwits XP: 80

Level  6: Default XP: 120

Level 9: Fishermen XP: 160

Level 14: Butchers XP: 210

Level 19: Leatherworkers XP: 260

Level 24: Cartographers XP: 310

Level 30: Shepherds XP: 370

Level 36: Toolsmiths XP: 430

Level 41: Masons XP: 490

Level 46: Fletchers XP: 560

Level 51: Weaponsmiths XP: 630

Level 55: Farmers XP: 700

Level 58: Wandering Traders: 780

Level 61: Armorsmiths XP: 860

Level 65: Clerics XP: 920

Level 68: Librarians XP: 1010

Level 73: Piglins XP: 1100

Prayer:

Breakdown

Prayer is a skill that will allow you to activate certain effects and buffs at the cost of Prayer Points. Prayer points are directly tied to your Prayer level, meaning if you are level 30 in Prayer, you have 30 Prayer Points, or if you are level 99 in Prayer, you have 99 Prayer Points. In order to gain XP in Prayer, you can either bury bones on the ground, sacrifice them at a Gilded Altar, or sacrifice them at a Chaos Altar. Depending on what you use bones on determines the amount of XP you gain. This skill is currently non-functional, meaning that you cannot actually use Prayer Points yet, but you can still gain XP in it. Bones are dropped from any enemy that would normally drop bones. Smaller creatures and humanoid mobs will drop Bones, large creatures like the Ravager will drop Big Bones, mobs found in the Nether like the Blaze and Wither will drop Burnt Bones, Dragon Bones drop from the Wither and Ender Dragon, and the other three are fairly self-explanatory.

Items

The Gilded Altar Centerpiece is used in crafting the Gilded Altar.

At Level 99 Prayer, players can wear the Prayer Skillcape currently it does not provide any bonus effects aside from being in the strongest armor tier. Once Prayer is implemented it will reduce the consumption of Prayer Points when Prayers are active.

Blocks

The Gilded Altar can be crafted normally in the world and provides a 2x XP bonus when using bones on it. It is crafted using the Gilded Altar Centerpiece, a book, white carpet, polished blackstone bricks, and two gold nuggets.

The Chaos Altar cannot be crafted and you can find these in Zamorak Temples found in the Nether. You cannot mine or break the ones find in the temple, this will delete the block. They provide a 3x XP bonus when using bones on it. Although these are the highest sources of XP, they are dangerous to find and use. Sacrificing bones at the Chaos Altar has a chance to inflict you with the wither effect, be careful of how often you use this powerful block. 

Structures

Prayer introduces a new structure into the game, the Zamorak Temple. This structure has a rare chance of appearing in the Nether and contains powerful rewards such as Diamonds, Iron, and bones along with housing the Chaos Altar.

Calculations

Attack:

Breakdown

Attack is a skill that is leveled by doing melee damage to mobs. The more melee damage you to a mob, the more Attack XP you gain. Once fully implemented into the addon, in order to use stronger weapons you will need to be at certain levels of Attack. To compare it to Vanilla Minecraft, if this was implemented you would need Level 1 Attack for a Wooden Sword, level 10 for a Stone sword, Level 25 for a Gold Sword, Level 35 for an Iron Sword, Level 50 For a Diamond Sword, and Level 60 for a Netherite Sword. This skill will not be fully implemented until other skills have been included, but you can gain XP.

Items

At Level 99 Attack, players can wear the Attack Skillcape which when worn provides the user with a Strength 1 effect.

Calculations

Attack XP is calculated as DAMAGE DEALT * 7

Defense:

Breakdown

Defense is a skill that is leveled by doing either melee or ranged damage to mobs. The more damage you do to a mob, the more Defense XP you gain. Once fully implemented into the addon, in order to use better pieces of armor you will need to be at certain levels of Defense. To compare it to Vanilla Minecraft, if this was implemented you would need Level 1-10 Defense for Leather Armor, Level 15-25 Defense for Chainmail Armor and Gold Armor, Level 35-45 for Iron Armor, Level 50-60 for Iron Armor, Level 70-80 for Diamond Armor, and Level 85-95 for Netherite Armor (These numbers are examples, not actual determined values). This skill will not be fully implemented until other skills have been included, but you can gain XP.

Items

At Level 99 Defense, players can wear the Defense Skillcape which when worn provides the user with a Resistance 1 effect.

Calculations

Defense is calculated as MELEE DAMAGE  5 and RANGED DAMAGE * 4

Ranged:

Breakdown

Ranged is a skill that is leveled by doing ranged damage to mobs. The more ranged damage you to a mob, the more Ranged XP you gain. Once fully implemented into the addon, in order to use better bows/arrows you will need to be at certain levels of Ranged. To compare it to Vanilla Minecraft, if this was implemented you would need Level 1 Ranged for a bow, 15 for a great bow, and 25 for a crossbow. This skill will not be fully implemented until other skills have been included, but you can gain XP.

Items

At Level 99 Ranged, players can wear the Ranged Skillcape which when worn currently provides no beneficial effect aside from its armor value.

This concludes most of the changes made in this update. There are many other changes that have been made and tweaked over the past few months that I did not mention, but you will get to find them out for yourself as you play. Now I want to go over the next updates! I plan to release Minescape 0.7 Within a month or so, HOPEFULLY coinciding with the release of the Minecraft 1.18 update.

Farming (RELEASES 0.7)

Farming will be one of the next fully implemented skills in Minescape, allowing players to plant crops, tend to them, and harvest their resources. I want to create a unique way of farming where you will have to work to make sure your crops stay alive and you will need to monitor them (not too closely) in order to get more drops from them. If a crop dies, you will only receive a 1:1 drop from the plant for the same seed, meaning you need to start over the growth process. If a crop is alive and healthy, you may get 3-4 new seeds. In order to farm and grow certain crops you will need to be at a specific level, if you have not reached that level, you will either not be able to plant it or be unable to keep it alive. (unsure of which route I will go with currently).

Herblore (RELEASES 0.7)

Herblore is going to be a skill released with Farming side by side, as the resources you will be farming for will be usable in Herblore. With Herblore, you will need to clean the herbs that you harvested while farming by using them on water, and then use them along with other miscellaneous items to create potions! This potion system will allow you to interact with other existing skills such as Agility to provide boosts Stamina, provide level boosts to allow you to temporarily access things at a higher level, and more. In order to clean certain herbs and craft certain potions, you will need to have met the required Herblore level.

Fandom Wiki

As updates release, and with these updates especially, TONS of new content is being added to Minescape, and it's going to be hard to keep track of all of it and find the information you need regarding certain skills. I no longer think that an in-game guidebook would suffice for ALL of the information, rather just the basics. As such, I will be working on creating a Fandom with ALL relevant information for the addon. I currently have no time frame for when this will be released.

Prayer Full Integration (RELEASE TIME UNKNOWN)

I hope to soon be adding Prayers complete integration, but this will require me to once again delve into UI, meaning that its full integration won’t come out until around the UI updates release. To use Prayer, you will be able to use an item that opens up a menu allowing you to select certain prayers you want active, you will need to be at a certain level in order to use each prayer. You will be able to have a maximum of 2 prayers active at a time, and an item that will allow you to use three prayers at once instead. Once the prayers are selected, I will allow you to crouch and use the item in order to activate the prayers, crouching and using the item again will deactivate them. This means that in order to open the menu you will use the item without crouching.

UI Update (RELEASE TIME UNKNOWN)

One of my goals is to update the UI to match the colors of Runescape Inventory more, this should currently be doable by me with some time and effort. What I need to do after this is delve into JSON UI heavily and learn how to create a custom GUI so I can change how things like player hearts, armor, and more are displayed. My goal is to get a player’s HP, Armor, Stamina, and Prayer Points all displayed on the normal UI. This will be a huge stepping stone for me and allow me to update all of the other skills with better visuals such as having a bar displaying when stealing from villagers. I have no time frame for when this will be released.

End Of Minescape 0.6.2 Patch Notes

Thank you for reading!

~Estrongel

If you wish to support me, please consider subscribing to my Youtube Channel, it means a lot to me and shows that what I'm doing is worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZnU2d_P45hy5LHbCQ3xiOA

If you find any bugs, need help with Minescape, or want to discuss anything else, the best way to reach me is through my discord server. I also post the direct download links for all my projects there, so if you want to avoid Linkvertise, my server is your best bet.

https://discord.gg/BNSHWCR9jG

Changelog

Installation

The BP and RP should be updated automatically from here on out. I am now using version numbers inside of the manifest to update the pack.

Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2021 10:51 am
McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

updated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2021 10:45 am
Share: