It’s beta day my dudes, welcome to the latest Minecraft Bedrock Edition beta. Sadly this week bedrock sees the revert of some Caves & Cliffs features due to bugs and issues (they’ll return soon) below are all the recent changes.
PLEASE READ before participating in the Minecraft Beta:
- Joining the beta will replace your game with a work in progress version of Minecraft
- You will not have access to Realms and will not be able to join non-beta players while you’re previewing the beta
- Any worlds played while in the beta cannot be opened in previous versions of the game so please make copies of worlds to prevent losing them
- Beta builds can be unstable and are not representative of final version quality
- The beta is available only on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Android (Google Play). To join or leave the beta, see aka.ms/JoinMCBeta for detailed instructions
18th February 2021
Update on Experimental Features:
As with any experiment, things don’t always go as we expected! During the beta testing of the glow squid and its associated features, we have unfortunately discovered an issue that is causing the game to crash far more frequently than we’d like, so we’re going to put the glow squid on pause while we get these issues addressed. In this week’s beta, the glow squid, and the associated items such as the glow frame and dyable signs have been removed, but we will have them back soon!
What does this mean for my worlds where I have already used these features?
- Chests containing items pertaining to Glow Squid – new items disappear from the chest, regular items do not
- Dyed signs – color on text disappears and the text turns back to black
- Signs with applied Glowing effect as well as color – text on signs stops glowing and color is removed
- Glow Squid – no longer present in game
- Glowing Item Frames – turn into placeholder blocks, and a content error referring to ‘minecraft:glow_frame’ is displayed
Performance and Stability
- Fixed crash that could occur when loading a structure block that contained a Sculk Sensor (MCPE-115443)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when interacting with a sign (MCPE-117513)
- Raised the time limit for selecting whether to download a resource pack on connect from 5 seconds to 5 minutes
- The new achievements screens are now enabled by default (except in VR, on PS4, or on touch devices with narration enabled)
- The in-game invite screen will now refresh when you return to it from the add members screen
- Fixed a bug where changes to the character creator are lost when application is out of context
- Fixed a bug where tabbing out after changing to the “Character Creator” tab from “Classic Skins” tab will cause Classic Skin to be equipped instead of Character Creator persona
- A new character is now created if no valid character exists when the dressing room is opened
Technical Fixes and Changes
- Added GameTest framework NOTE: GameTest is not functional on console platforms
- GameTest is server-side test automation tool that is based on pairing test code with test structures. You can trigger the tests via the /gametest command once you have enabled the `Enable GameTest Framework” experiment toggle for a world
- Our ability to support Android devices on KitKat OS or below is coming to an end. For more information, please see our help articles which will be updated as the changes are rolled out more widely.