Posted: 7 December, 2022
NOTE: This week’s Preview version is not available on iOS. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve the issue. Update: We are now unblocked and hoping to release the Preview on iOS as well.
Information on the Minecraft Preview and Beta:
- These work-in-progress versions can be unstable and may not be representative of final version quality
- Minecraft Preview is available on Xbox, Windows 10/11, and iOS devices. More information can be found at aka.ms/PreviewFAQ
- The beta is available on Android (Google Play). To join or leave the beta, see aka.ms/JoinMCBeta for detailed instructions
- Chiseled Bookshelf no longer triggers Observer blocks on world load
Features and Bug Fixes
- Respawn Anchor no longer retains its charges if mined with Silk Touch or picked (MCPE-145682)
- Scaffolding now displays particles and produces vibrations when the block under it is destroyed (MCPE-163738)
- The Sculk Shrieker block’s shriek sound can now be heard at the longer distance of 32 blocks (MCPE-163989)
- Bamboo sapling will no longer replace double plants when placed (MCPE-99806)
- Campfires do not set players and mobs on fire anymore. Campfires do not destroy Minecarts and Boats anymore (MCPE-109489)
- Ender Pearls will no longer teleport a sleeping player (MCPE-161189)
- Players can no longer see through terrain by riding a Horse, Mule, or Donkey at the edge of a 2-block-tall space (MCPE-133984)
- Blocks that require supporting blocks now appear properly on a Map when placed on partial blocks or above air (MCPE-159713)
- Ravagers are now able to attack on various partial blocks like Mud (MCPE-162483)
- Glow Squid now emit particles when spawned outside of water
- Fixed structure block UI so the Y value field can be accessed with just the keyboard (MCPE-164148)
- Expanded “minecraft:shooter” component to define multiple projectiles that can specify different projectile definitions and condition filters
- Exposed more fields to shooter component to allow for more projectile customization such as throw power, sounds, and whether the attack is a magic attack
- Fixed a bug where dividing any value in Molang by a dynamically determined negative variable resulted in a division by a positive (absolute) value instead
- This is a Molang Versioned Change that only takes effect for Molang expressions in packs that use a min_engine_version of 1.19.60 or higher
- Projectiles that teleport their owner will no longer do so while their owner is sleeping (MCPE-161189)
- Added method setOnFire(seconds: number, useEffects?: boolean = true): boolean)which sets an entity on fire (if it is not in water or rain).
- Added method extinguishFire(useEffects?: boolean = true): void which extinguishes the fire.
- If an entity is on fire, you can call getComponent(‘minecraft:onfire’)on it, which returns an object of type EntityOnFireComponent, which has a property onFireTicksRemaining.
- Fixed a bug where viewDirectionwould return the direction from the previous tick
- Fixed a bug where getEntitiesFromViewDirectionwould use the direction from the previous tick
- Fixed a bug where getBlockFromViewDirectionwould use the direction from the previous tick
- Fixed a bug where headLocationwould return the location from the previous tick
- Renamed ScriptScriptCommandMessageEvent to ScriptEventCommandMessageEvent