Posted: May 11, 2023
NOTE: This week’s Xbox version may be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve the issue.
Information on the Minecraft Preview and Beta:
- These work-in-progress versions can be unstable and may not be representative of final version quality
- Minecraft Preview is available on Xbox, Windows 10/11, and iOS devices. More information can be found at aka.ms/PreviewFAQ
- The beta is available on Android (Google Play). To join or leave the beta, see aka.ms/JoinMCBeta for detailed instructions.
It’s time for another Minecraft Preview, and this week we have some more changes and improvements to Trails & Tales features! We love to hear from you so please send us your feedback and bug reports! Take a look at the full list of changes below!
Features and Bug Fixes
- Players no longer stop flying when teleporting into unloaded chunks (MCPE-170070)
- Updated the seed picker with a Cherry Grove biome option
- Adding “Smithing with Style” achievement
- Trimmed armor icons are now rendered correctly in higher resolution texture packs (MCPE-169748)
- High resolution textures are now applied correctly to Sniffer Eggs and Pitcher Pods (MCPE-169604)
- Sniffer Egg item now makes sound when spawned from breeding (MCPE-169733)
- Pigs can once again be found in most biomes, instead of only Meadows and Cherry Groves (MCPE-170275)
Stability and Performance
- Game no longer crashes when an item starts/stops being used if the item is not available
- Fishing Rod will no longer crash the game upon breaking (MCPE-170021)
- The main menu background in now tilted downwards on all platforms
- Fixed an issue that prevented custom entity spawn eggs from being supported in trade tables (MCPE-170184)