Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Planet Minecraft Bedrock Support?

(@livewire-093)

I'm not sure how many people are in the same scenario as I am, But I have yet to play the bedrock edition of Minecraft. Though I'm still waiting for the Nintendo Switch version to update to bedrock. My question is will people be able to download maps or skins from Planet Minecraft? I understand there's a Market Place, but I'm not sure if it will have the same content that Planet Minecraft has. So basically I'm asking does Planet Minecraft support bedrock versions?

Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2018 12:06 am
(@megavsprime)
Honorable Member

I'm not sure how many people are in the same scenario as I am, But I have yet to play the bedrock edition of Minecraft. Though I'm still waiting for the Nintendo Switch version to update to bedrock. My question is will people be able to download maps or skins from Planet Minecraft? I understand there's a Market Place, but I'm not sure if it will have the same content that Planet Minecraft has. So basically I'm asking does Planet Minecraft support bedrock versions?

Sadly, that isnt available. Nintendo has strict rules on their console and there is no full browser functionality. The only way to download things is by the marketplace. Planet Minecraft could have some Bedrock related creations but Nintendo Switch wont be able to have it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2018 8:26 am
(@erufailon4)

At least skins (worlds need to be converted) downloaded from Planet Minecraft work on mobile devices and Windows 10, but not on consoles. It's about device.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2018 11:22 am
(@radiatedmonkey)
Eminent Member

In a Xbox update preview you can download photos from the browser, so maybe the developers could add custom skins on Xbox. I don't think you can download .zip or .mcpack files.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2018 3:37 pm
(@livewire-093)

Sadly, that isnt available. Nintendo has strict rules on their console and there is no full browser functionality. The only way to download things is by the marketplace. Planet Minecraft could have some Bedrock related creations but Nintendo Switch wont be able to have it.

I guess if some of the content on planet minecraft can be uploaded to the market place, would be the only way. I'm actually thinking of also getting the Windows 10 edition, so if I could login to the same account somehow on both platforms, I could have access to the maps?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/06/2018 10:50 pm
(@radiatedmonkey)
Eminent Member

I guess if some of the content on planet minecraft can be uploaded to the market place, would be the only way. I'm actually thinking of also getting the Windows 10 edition, so if I could login to the same account somehow on both platforms, I could have access to the maps?

On all Bedrock platforms Xbox accounts are used, if you buy something on Windows 10 and login on the Switch on the same account you will have all the dlc you bought, sadly worlds don't transfer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2018 3:29 pm
(@livewire-093)

On all Bedrock platforms Xbox accounts are used, if you buy something on Windows 10 and login on the Switch on the same account you will have all the dlc you bought, sadly worlds don't transfer.

Thank you for the reply, I guess it'll be okay for the worlds not transferring but I really want to be able to transfer skins and possibly mods...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/06/2018 10:04 pm
Share: