Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock The Ty-el's Settings Overlay UI Pack (1.20.40+ only)

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

The Ty-el's Settings Overlay UI Pack (1.20.40+ only)

The Ty-el's Settings Overlay UI Pack is a small UI treatment pack for Vanilla UI, unlike other UI packs, this pack adds some magical screen properties and tweaks to the in-game Settings Screen to get Camera Perspective toggle on HUD (YES!), FOV slider (it’s ZOOM in vanilla with no mods!), and more! The pack only works for devices having Touch capabilities, and compatible with almost every texture pack in the world too!

Creator: @tlgm2308 (X (Twitter))

Important Notices

Read carefully before downloading and using, or you won’t use the pack correctly!

- This version of the pack requires Minecraft v1.20.40 or higher! It technically could work on older versions of the game, but I can’t guarantee the compatibility of Spectator Mode because Spectator Mode did not exist in older versions, and it needs to be older than v1.19.10 (versions between v1.19.10 and v1.20.32 will break the pack).
- IMPORTANT! Due to yet another game bug can’t be fixed by resource packs where the game won’t register any UI inputs in HUD while in Spectator Mode, I need to temporarily disable Settings Overlay in Spectator mode, a warning dialog will appear if player entered Spectator mode with instructions on how to exit Spectator mode. I had a workaround of that issue, there is an extremely experimental flag "$allow_settings_overlay_always_accepts_input” inside the config file “/ui/_global_variables.json” that allows you to exit Spectator mode from Pause Screen, but it’s extremely buggy and that’s why I didn’t add it to the main pack as of now.
- This pack is made only for devices with Touch capabilities, it can be on your phone (iOS or Android…), tablet, or on PC with Touch supports, etc.
- It’s not recommended to use this pack on low-end devices, since this pack’s purpose is to render the whole settings screen on HUD, every single element inside the Settings Screen needs to be pre-rendered and therefore it will affect the performance by a lot.
- It’s a little bugged when using “Customize Touch Controls” while having Settings Overlay pack activated, although it still works fine with minor visual bugs, make sure after you close “Customize Touch Controls”, you also need to close Settings Overlay and close Pause Screen as well to let the game resolve all visual UI issues before reopening Settings Overlay again.
- Some settings won’t be applied until you close Settings Overlay, you may need to close Settings and reopen again to apply all changed settings.
- You can freely close the Settings Overlay after a period of time to make sure the performance won’t affect your gameplay. Make sure you don’t attempt to open multiple “Settings Overlay” at the same time, or you might experience worse performance, slowly~

Showcase Video

(Music credits are in description of this video)

How to use?

• It’s very easy to use! Make sure you are inside a world, or a realm, or a server, tap the Pause button to open the Pause Menu.
  • Then tap on the “Enable Settings Overlay” button. (It was the “Settings” button, so in case of needing to enter the original Settings Screen, you need to press that. It could be “Settings”, or “Options”, depending on your applied resource packs.)
  • (Wait a bit, it can take a little bit of time the first time you open it in a world session, but not too long...)
  • The toast message “Settings Overlay enabled successfully!” will popup and 2 new buttons will appear at the top of the HUD.
  • The first button at the leftmost is the “Camera Perspective” toggle. (Or more familiar, the F5 button!) You can freely change your camera perspective when playing!

Animated GIF of Camera Perspective toggle

• The second button at the rightmost is the “Quick Settings Menu” button. You can directly access some certain features right inside the menu, including:

+ Gamemode Switcher! Note that this will change only your “personal game mode”. Note: You need to have “Allow Cheats” enabled in world settings and have permissions in order to access this.
+ FOV slider! You can now “zoom” in Minecraft with customized strength!
+ “Content Log History” button, good for content creators! Note: You need to have the “Enable Content Log GUI” option enabled in Settings/Creator in order to access this.
+ “Show Settings” button to access the full original Settings Screen!
+ The “X” button next to the “Show Settings” button to close and exit Settings Overlay.

Customization

Starting from v1.1.1, players can customize size, offset and even transparency of Settings Overlay buttons and components. To customize, open the "/ui/_global_variables.json" file in any text editor app, find the "Overlay Components Customization" section. Customize any variables you need and then save it! This feature was made to deal with various screen resolutions and GUI scales and resulted in imperfect top buttons' size and offsets.

Note: All anchors' origins [ 0, 0 ] (used for "anchor_from" and "anchor_to") are ALWAYS within Screen Safe Area.

List of all customizable components:

• Camera Perspective toggle.
  • More Options/Settings toggle.
  • Quick Settings panel (sizing is not supported).
  • "Escape Spectator" toggle (only available when "$allow_settings_overlay_always_accepts_input" is enabled).

Here's an example of the Camera Perspective toggle moved to the top right of the screen, with larger button size:

Sample code snippet

Resource Pack Compatibility

The Ty-el's Settings Overlay UI Pack is made to be compatible with almost every single texture pack in the world! But make sure you put my Settings Overlay pack below all those packs.

It can be like this:

Known Issues

• Once you enter the world, you won't get Settings Overlay feature automatically enabled, you need to enable it manually. This is impossible to make it automated, maybe a small external macro can help??
  • You will always see the D-Pad or control buttons when inside the in-game Settings Screen, that’s the main purpose of the Settings Overlay pack, and it can’t be fixed.
  • Settings Overlay will automatically disappear once you trigger “Entering the Nether” or “Entering the End” screens, or after you leave your world(s). This is impossible to fix and you need to manually enable settings overlay again later.

Terms of Use

You are FREE to:

- Make contents about this pack as long as you credit me or the correct download link
- Modify my pack for personal uses, but you are not allowed to redistribute your modified versions of my pack

You are NOT ALLOWED to:

- Use, or claim any of my code and use as your own, without permissions, please, please respect my hard works ;-;
- Re-upload this pack to different sites without proper permissions from me 
- Make contents about this pack but without proper credits or provide different direct download links 

Final Notes

If you found any bugs, or feedback about this pack, let me know on my X (formerly known as Twitter, why) and Discord with the same username @tlgm2308.

Special Thanks to

Pack Translators

- 日本語 (日本) - @nattsuiy (X)

- 中文 (简体) - niganma (Discord)

- Українська (Україна) - uacreeper (Discord)

Pack Testers

- niganma (Discord)

Changelog

Installation

1. Download the mcpack file linked in the “Downloads” section if on web, or press the Download button
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open the downloaded file in Minecraft, Minecraft will automatically import the pack for you.
  3. Inside Minecraft, go to Settings/Global Resources, activate the Settings Overlay pack
  4. Close Settings, open a world, go to Pause Screen, then tap on “Enable Settings Overlay”
  5. Enjoy!
  • Download Link Variants:

There are 2 download links (both will give you the same pack file):
-Ty-el Settings Overlay v1.x.x [Bstlar]: download from Boostellar, this will help support my works (file hosted on Google Drive with automatic download).
-Ty-el_Settings_Overlay_v1.x.x.mcpack : download directly , in case if you can’t download from Boostellar.

How to download from Boostellar

(Bstlar, as of March 2024)

1. Verify “I’m not a robot”, if needed.
  2. Press “Click on ad”, and then press "Visit page".
  3. The page will open a new tab, go to that tab and wait for at least 15 seconds.
  4. Go back to the Bstlar tab and press “Unlock content”, the file will be downloaded automatically.

Join my Discord server

To get more upcoming sneak peeks, bug reporting, and more!

https://discord.gg/zMA7xrb

creator: https://twitter.com/tlgm2308

This topic was modified 6 months ago by McBedrock
This topic was modified 2 months ago by McBedrock
Topic starter Posted : 23/06/2022 3:21 pm
McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

updated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/03/2024 7:12 pm
Share: