Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock Apocalyptic Rain (Survival Friendly Challenge Pack) Addon

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

Apocalyptic Rain (Survival Friendly Challenge Pack) Addon

Fire rains from the sky as the world corrupts around you. This function pack/addon challenges you to survive in a world where it rains fire and as the world becomes more apocalyptic as you play. There is a lot of customisation in the settings – for example, you can make it only rain fire.

Here are some screenshots of what it looks like in-game after installing this addon. Take note of the fire particle from the sky and the changes to the environment:

Forests burn down: (Global warming ‘n that)

Deserts get turned to endstone:

Flame particle rain from the sky and when they land they place the fire and corrupt the surrounding hit area.:

Stone gets turned to cobblestone and mossy cobblestone.

Villages get destroyed very quickly and the grass becomes court dirt and path blocks.

To prevent lag in Jungles when the fire hits leaves it only remove the leaves. As jungles as so dense, it can cause lag quite quickly. Logs still burn.

This addon can be added to any world as world generation isn’t changed. All the changes happen as fire rains from the sky. The longer you are in one area the worse the apocalyptic terrain will get.

There are 2 downloadable packs: A Night Mode and the Default Pack

Night mode makes it so the world is always night. This adds a darker atmosphere and a bigger challenge to the game!

There is also the default pack which does not make it always night.

Both of these packs also have settings to determine how often fire falls and if the world should get “corrupted” when it lands. Click the gear icon on the behaviour pack.

The following options are given ranging from low (5 raindrops per second) to intense (20 raindrops per second). Intense with all changes is the default. Mobile devices may choose the lower options for the sake of performance.

I’d recommend a Medium mode as a good choice if you are unsure what your device can handle.

Support me and stay updated by checking out my social media?

YouTube Link | Twitter Link 

Feel free to join my Discord where you will be able to see the development process of my projects and have access to all download links directly to MediaFire:

Discord Link (Recommended)

Feedback is really appreciated and I will do my best to engage in such conversations on my discord or in the comments of this addon.

Changelog

Version 1.0.3
Optimisations
  • Rain falls closer to the ground to reduce the number of entities present in a world at one time
  • Instead of rain happening for "every player" - which can cause a lot of entities in multiplayer - a random player is selected each time. This does mean if 2 people are on each will experience half as much TNT if they are in different areas  - but it's an optimisation which is very worthwhile for performance
  • Minor tweaks to make function files slightly more efficient

This version should run significantly better than the previous version.

Installation

• Click on the link
  • Download
  • Import into Minecraft (there are many tutorials online, so have a google if unsure :D)

Alternatively, you can join my discord and you will have access to all the downloads for all my creations! Discord Link

Downloads

Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2020 9:10 pm
Share: