Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock Arid V1.2.3 (V1.20.30 Patch)

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

Arid V1.2.3 (V1.20.30 Patch)

Arid is a biome overhaul addon that adds tons of new content into Desert biomes. You should hopefully find deserts more enjoyable and rewarding to explore. In Arid you will find new ores, dungeons, mobs, bosses, cool weapons, and lots of other content.

Arid V1.2 trailer, feel free to watch!

Why not subscribe too while watching to help me out 🙂

Blocks

Natural Spawning

There are many new natural blocks that will spawn in desert caves. You can even get a new ore.

Some blocks spawn in different Y levels but know that the ore, known as Desert Crystal will always spawn at Y 65 or lower!

The blocks are purely for decoration, except for the ore. The ore can be used to craft new gear.

The New Blocks That Can Generate:

• Mica
  • Sandy Gneiss
  • Quartz Gneiss
  • Schist
  • Desert Crystal Ore

Desert Crystal Ore will turn into a deepslate variant if it spawns below 0! It is slightly tougher to mine, but will be more common than the stone counterpart.

Desert Crystal Ore Uses

Desert Crystal Gear

All Desert Crystal tools and armor have a durability of 325.

Crafted the same as vanilla gear.

Sword: 6.5 Attack

Axe: 5.5 Attack

Pickaxe: 4.5 Attack, can break whatever an Iron Pickaxe can

Hoe: 4.5 Attack

Shovel: 3.5 Attack

Armor provides 9.5/10 bars. Thats 0.5 less then Diamond/Netherite.

These 2 blocks of packed geode stones/deepslate. When they are broken open, you have a chance of getting 0-2 geodes (stone or deepslate depending on the one you mined). They may be tricky to spot, but they are much more darker than their normal variants. 

From Y 0-45 you will find Stone Packed Geodes, from -20-0 you will find Deepslate Packed Geodes.

Splitter

Ever since V1.2 for Arid was released, I have revamped the Splitter and gave it an entirely new functionality. It still splits items, but now it doesn't give you a crafting UI. Instead, you need a specific item in your hand in order for it to work. Then right click/long tap on it to split your item.

The  following  items  are  splitter  compatible:

• Stone  Geode
  • Deepslate  Geode
  • Coconut

When splitting geodes, you will get 1 of 3 different gemstones. Amethyst, Emerald, or Diamond. Normal stone geodes give the most Amethyst, while Deepslate geodes give the most Emerald and Diamond gems.

Foods/Potions

This food is Meifrisa. It is quite easy to obtain and is a very useful food. When eaten, Meifrisa will give Saturation for 60 seconds as well as Regeneration 2 for 5 seconds.

This is the desert blend, a useful potion that gives various effects to help you in combat.

Structures

Structures

Sand Dunes just add to the environment to make it look nicer. There are 3 variants of it, tiny, medium and large. 

This is a Dead Tree, this is a good early wood source. There are 3 variants, small, medium, and large.

This is the Oasis, this is a good source of coconuts, water, and wood. 

Palm Wood Crafts

The Palm Logs can be turned into planks.

The Planks can be used for slabs/stairs too and more.

You can also make wooden tools, sticks, and a crafting table.

The coconuts can be used for a new potion. That provides useful effects.

To craft this potion you will need coconuts and Desert Crawler Eyes. Desert Crawler Eyes drop off of Desert Crawlers, more information on them below.

The Pyramid Dungeon

This is a huge dungeon full of many surprises, mobs, treasures, and lots of fun!

There is also a boss battle at the end!

I will not spoil the inside, so have fun exploring 🙂

Ruined Tower

This is a small little tower that will generate very rarely throughout the deserts. In these towers, you will find some mobs and a special new sword called the Dark Blade

Bonus Weapon

Dark Blade:

• 10 Damage
  • 100 Durability

Watcher's Tower

A brand new challenging dungeon! This tower will generate rarely throughout deserts. Inside you will find many floors full of hostile mobs. The higher you go, the more stronger mobs will get. You will even find a brand new mob and boss in it (more info on them in Mobs section)

As a bonus, you will find a new Tier 2 loot crate called the Fleshy Loot Crate. This loot crate will have mid tier loot inside.

Cactus W/ Flower

A new cactus variant that spawns quite uncommonly throughout the deserts. On top of them, you will find a cactus flower.

You can either use the flower as decoration or turn it into pink dye!

Scathing Sand Clumps

These are new sand blocks that will generate throughout your deserts. The sand is a duller color than normal sand. The special feature about this sand, is that it will hurt any entity that steps on it. So, you can use these as traps!

The Crypt

The crypt is currently the largest structure in Arid. Spanning from 40+ rooms, 15+ secrets, +1 new boss, puzzles, lots of loot, new mobs, and tons of exploration! I hope you enjoy exploring the crypt and finding all the secrets. Some may reward you greatly

Crypt Info (Boss, Loot, and more)

The crypt has a lot to offer in terms of content.

Let's start off with the inside images.

Theres a tons of rooms inside, every room (well most anyways) look different from one another.

Next up, the mobs.

This is the forgotten mummy. It will spawn in deep levels of the crypt. It is quite strong compared to the normal mummy. It moves significantly faster too.

Stats:

Health: 32

Damage (Melee): 7

This is forgotten pharaoh, the boss of the crypt. You will find him early on, but I wouldn't recommend fighting him straight away. This boss has 2 phases.

(In order to spawn him, you will need to break his totem, which is behind him next to the candles in the picture)

Phase 1 (Ranged, summoner)

Health: 500

Attacks: Ghast Fireball, Blaze Fireball, Ender Dragon Fireball (These have different attack speeds)

Moves slow

Summons 5 Forgotten Mummies around every 30 or more seconds.

Phase 2 (Melee, summoner, buffer)

Phase 2 is when the fight will really get hard. 

Health: 1000

Attack Damage: 10

Moves insanely fast (will outrun you, unless you got swiftness 2)

Summons 2 Forgotten Mummies every 20 or more seconds

Will buff any nearby Forgotten Mummies with swiftness 2.

Can summon lightning around himself.

Upon killing his Phase 2, he will drop all of his loot and a lot of XP. Not only that, but you can respawn him, using the following recipe below.

The items in there are mummy cloth (drops off mummies), mysterious cloth (drops off of Forgotten Mummy and Pharaoh), and obsidian. You can then place this anywhere and then break it to spawn him in.

Loot:

The Forgotten Pharaoh has 4 (1 being an artifact) dedicated drops.

• Dark Blade (10% drop)
  • Uraeus of Corruption (15% drop)
  • Staff of Corruption (10% drop)
  • Sword of the Forgotten (100%, artifact)

Uraeus of Corruption, gives 3 full armor bars and has 750 durability. If you are using this and Staff of Corruption together, it will buff it and make your staff summon extra minions and make them do more damage, move faster, and take more damage before dying.

Staff of Corruption, new magic weapon that will insta kill any NON boss or player and resurrect them as a Forgotten Mummy. Has 500 durability, each activation will consume 25 duability, it has a cooldown of 25 seconds. Reanimations will last for 20 seconds. (30 seconds if paired with Uraeus of Corruption)

They are both also repairable. 

(Mysterious Cloth)

And finally, artifacts! There are 4 artifacts within the crypt. You will get 1 from the boss, and 3 in 3 different sections of the crypt. I will not show there locations, so have fun hunting for them 🙂

To make it worthwhile, here is what they can turn into

Will not spoil anything, well 1 thing I guess. It's the current strongest weapon in Arid. 

Have fun exploring the crypt!

Mobs
  • 30 Health
  • 6 Attack
  • Spawns ONLY in Pyramid Dungeons
  • Drops 0-2 Mummy Cloth

Mummy Cloth can be used to craft paper or to be used as a fuel source in furnaces/variants.

Desert Crawler:

• 20 Health
  • 3 Attack
  • Spawns at night in deserts and can spawn in Pyramid Dungeons
  • Drops 0-2 String, or 0-2 Desert Crawler Eyes

Tumbleweed:

• 1 Health
  • Passive
  • Spawns commonly in deserts
  • Drops 0-2 sticks, 0-2 deadbush

Anubis (Boss):

• 350 Health
  • Shoots Poison traps at you, stepping on them will poison you or other mobs.
  • Can summon 2 mummies periodically
  • Drops a lot of goodies, has a 20%  chance to drop the Anubis Staff.

This is the Anubis Staff.

The Anubis Staff has 2 attacks...

The first attack is the default when you hit a mob normally, it will deal 5 damage and poison/slow that enemy for 2 seconds.

The 2nd attack is activated when you long press, right click, or left trigger. 

You will give Wither 5 to every nearby hostile mob for 3 seconds.

Watcher (Boss):

• 750 Health
  • 13 Attack Damage
  • Can summon a variety of new mobs
  • Has 2 different abilities
Watcher Abilities, Summons, and Drops

Lets show off his minions first.

This is the Tower Servant, the Watcher will summon these guys in quite commonly (5-20 seconds), but they are easy to kill.

Tower Servant:

• 20 Health
  • 5 Damage

Tower Servants may also rarely drop pieces of their armor. The armor is fairly mid tier but may be useful. Each piece has 200 durability, and is enchantable.

Protection Values:

• Chestplate: 2.5 Bars
  • Leggings: 2 Bars
  • Boots: 1 Bar

There is no helmet as the servants do not wear helmets...

Tower Servants will also spawn in higher levels of the Watcher's Tower structure.

This is the Witness. The Watcher will summon 3 of these guys around every 20-40 seconds. They are extremely easy to kill but can be quite annoying if you let them hit you.

Witness:

• 10 Health
  • 3 Damage

Watcher Abilities:

• Ability 1, he will cause you to levitate for 3 seconds if he melees you.
  • Ability 2, this is a passive ability for the Watcher, but if he reaches 2 or more summons, he will gain a significant speed boost for 20 seconds.

The watcher may be a hard boss, so if you die and he despawns, no worries because you can craft his spawnblock. The item in the middle is called Enchanted Eye. You will see where that is obtained shortly. The normal eyes around the enchanted eye have a chance from dropping from Witness, Tower Servants, and Watcher.

When the Watcher dies, he will drop a good amount of goodies including a new trophy, diamonds/other minerals, and of course the 2 items above rarely.

Let me explain the 2 items above in detail.

Sword of The Lost:

• 8 Damage
  • 1000 Durability
  • Special Ability: Long tap, or right click to summon a Cleansed Witness to fight by your side for 60 seconds. You can only have 1 active at a time. The Cleansed Witness is immortal and deals 10 damage to mobs. This will cost 25 durability every time it is activated.

Medallion of The Lost: 

• Provides 3 armor bars if worn
  • 500 Durability
  • Special Ability: If this is in your hand, long tap or right click to give yourself Night Vision and Regeneration 1 for 60 seconds each.  This has an 80 second cooldown, but does not consume durability upon activating.

Enchanted Witness (Miniboss): 

• 80 Health
  • 8 Damage
  • Spawns rarely at night in Deserts.
Enchanted Witness Info and Drops

This is an early game boss that should provide a nice amount of gear (if your lucky) for mid-early late game.

The 3 items above are all drops from the Enchanted Eye.

The 1st item is the Enchanted Eye, it can be used to craft the Watcher Spawnblock or can be eaten to give the player Night Vision and Regeneration 2 for 2 minutes.

Next up, the Enchanted Bow.

Stats:

• 5-6 Damage
  • 425 Durability
  • Faster fire rate then default bow
  • Special Ability: DOES NOT REQUIRE ARROWS TO FIRE, Shoots infinite arrows until the bow breaks

3rd and final drop is the Enchanted Sword.

Stats:

• 6 Damage
  • 400 Durability
  • Special Ability: Inflicts weakness 2 for 5 seconds on your target. VERY useful against the Watcher if you invest some xp levels.

Nomad Group:

• Spawns rarely throughout the day.

The villager in the White can be traded with, while the guys with the Khopesh (new weapon) are his guards.

The guards are neutral and will attack you if you attack them, they will also attack any nearby undead mobs.

The guards have 8 attack and 30 health, while the trader has 20 health and does not attack.

The trader has 5 total tiers, you can find some very useful items on him.

Khopesh Info

Stats:

• 7 Damage
  • 220 Durability
  • Sometimes dropped off of Nomad Guards or bought from Nomad Traders
  • Repairable with iron

Geologist:

A new villager type. Will be found spawning rarely in the deep underground (near Deepslate).

Geologist Trades and Info

The Geologist offers a new type of currency known as Sand Coins. These Sand Coins can be used to trade with the Nomad Trader and his group for brand new items, and some very rare items.

Using your splitted geodes, you can trade them with the Geologist. The better gem, the more Sand Coins you get.

Events

Events are things that can occur naturally or you can trigger them yourself. As of Arid 1.2.2, there is only one event.

Celebration Event

The Celebration Event is the first event for Arid added in update V1.2.2, the Celebration Update!

This is an early-mid game event, so make sure you have some decent gear.

The event is essentially a defend the objective minigame, but the objective is a cake!

This is indeed multiplayer compatible, but difficulty does not scale with the amount of players.

How do you start?

You must first find the new Amber Berry flower which spawns rarely in the desert. It can be quite hard to spot, so make sure to look for it at night as the flower itself glows.

When you find the flower, break it.

Upon breaking the flower, it will drop 1-2 Amber Berries

These berries have 2 uses, one of which you can eat to get Haste 2 for 3 minutes, but I don't recommend that as its second use, allows you to craft the Amber Berry Cake, which is used to trigger the Celebration Event.

How to craft the Amber Cake?

Simple, craft it as a normal vanilla cake but substitute the sugar with Amber Berries.

Once the cake is crafted, this is where the fun starts!

As you can see, the cake must be placed first.

Before you place the cake, you need to prepare a battlefield.

Follow this little picture I made. You will need to flatten out a decently sized area, not too big, but enough to fill the dimensions in the picture which the spawners are exactly 30 blocks away from the block where the cake was spawned on

I recommend that you definitely do this as if you don't the event may break and the spawners may spawn in walls or on top of weird areas and cause mobs to spawn weird. Really its up to you, have fun building, build traps or whatever too!

After you have built your area, right-click to place the cake down.

When placed, the game will tell you what to do next, nows the time to start flattening your land for a nice battlefield.

When you think you are ready, right-click the cake to begin...if you dare...

As you can see, the event will now start. 

How does the Celebration Event play out?

Simple, you must defend the cake for 10 waves. As you can see above the hotbar, there is a wave counter and mobs counter. When the mobs counter reaches 0, the next wave will start.

Each wave gets progressively difficult with more mobs, different mobs, and the eventual bosses.

This is wave 1, as you can see its pretty tame. Now this event isn't supposed to be super difficult or anything, but you might struggle from time to time. If you are one of those who struggles, I recommend maybe taming some allies. If you are using my Frost mod, Tundra Adventurers, Icicle Staff,and Necromancy Staff may be useful! If you just have Arid, why not use Staff of Corruption if you obtained that.

You can always team up with fellow friends too! And then fight each other over loot!

Wave 5 will be a miniboss. Not to difficult, use a shield to negate strong attacks from it. Avoid bringing him close to the cake as the cake will sustain massive damage.

Speaking of it receiving too much damage, what happens?

Simple. You fail the entire event. The start it again, craft another cake. The cake itself has 100 health. Be mindful as some mobs might spawn in with weapons that will deal more damage to the cake.

I won't show off all the waves, but most mobs are all party themed during the event. So enjoy.

Last wave I will show off though is Wave 10, the final boss. 

It's the Watcher!  But, different. This boss will cycle though 4 different colors with different bonuses to him.

The boss is easier than the base watcher, but he can still definitely do a lot of damage if you are unprepared.

What does each color do?

Red: Gains knockback effect and deals significantly increased damage.

Purple: Gains significant knockback resistance but deals significantly less damage

Blue: Gains increased movement speed with slightly less damage

Green: Deals low damage but attacks poison you

You'll know when the boss cycles phases as matching color particles will emit. Sometimes the boss will stay the same color.

When you finally kill the Cake Watcher, congrats!

You have beaten the Celebration Event. The cake will rise into the air for a moment and then despawn. The second the event is completed a brand new mob spawns. This mob is a trader and is known as the Party Trader.

You probably noticed all the special coins you were picking up during the fight, well this is what they are all for, party themed trades. Here you can trade for unique items, blocks, and even special abilities for the Amber Berry cake to help you out next time you play the event.

Those hats you see? They are indeed placeable and weable!

These are purely cosmetic and are unbreakable/offer no defense.

This new sand provides a speed boost when walked over.

They also emit particles. The cake will always spawn a few of these blocks around itself. They will also speed up any ally that steps over it.

They have 1 more use, these blocks act as a regroup zone for your AI allies during the event. I would recommend not to break them as the AI will not run back to them after charging into the field. You can however move them and reposition them in different spots in case you want your Allies to each defend their own zone while you also take your own.

This event offers a lot more that I did not show. Have fun playing around with it. Please give me feedback too, as this is the first time I have made something like this for any of my mods/addons

Known quirks. Quitting while this event is active may SOMETIMES either break it or duplicate all spawners. I don't know how this happens even, but just don't quit during the event, finish it entirely.

This event itself may also receive updates in the near future with even more stuff to buy from shops such as new abilities, weapons, and more. There might even be different mobs or difficulties thrown into the mix. Let me know if you would like to see that too.

Tooltips

Much like Frost, I have added tooltips into Arid. Some are expected to change and more will be added by the time Arid 1.3 rolls around.

Current tooltips are but not limited to:

-Consumable (Item can be eaten/drank)

-Material (Item is used in a crafting recipe)

-Currency (Item can be used to trade)

-Ranged Damage (This item's damage when fired)

-Event Item (This item drops only during it's associated event)

Have fun with the addon! Let me know if you have any questions or want to leave a suggestion!

Click this text to join my small little Discord community 🙂

Changelog

Installation

Recommended experiments

Please credit me and link my mod to THIS page if you are showcasing this on YouTube

You are NOT allowed to create your own links and re-upload my mod anywhere.

All assets in this mod were created by BladedAxe77, you do NOT have permission to take anything.

Credits:

• Bamr131 for making schist, gneiss textures and for building dead trees/oasis. Tester.
  • TheUltimateMage: Created the Discord event winning "Dark Blade" sword! Congrats!
  • ZeroXMurphy: Crypt helper, tester
  • GoldenRuler: Crypt helper, tester

creator: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAFtX2fcsbzNa7X6hE_gRTg

Topic starter Posted : 07/06/2021 12:31 pm
McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

updated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/10/2023 3:24 pm
Share: