Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock Better Parkour!

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

Better Parkour!

Better parkour is an addon designed to add some new special blocks to parkour, such as timer start/stop, checkpoint block, kill block, etc. Does not require experimental gameplay. This is designed so if you want to make a parkour map, you can just apply this behavior pack and not have to worry about creating a timer system, checkpoint system, kill system, teleport system, and more!

Better parkour is a addon that is easy to use. Type /function start to bring up a menu of everything except the timer (which is done through /function timer). All you need to do is put down a command block (repeating, always active) with /function parkour typed in it. Depending on how big your map is, you should add a ticking area (ex. /tickingarea add circle ~ ~ ~ 4 commandblock). 

It also adds two new "Modes": Hard Mode, and Easy Mode. In Hard Mode, you will receive the nausea effect, which will make it much harder to parkour. You can see if someone else is in Hard Mode from a red particle that spawns at their feet. In Easy Mode you will receive the jump boost effect, which makes it easier to parkour. Easy Mode spawns blue particles under your feet.

UPDATE!

Multiplayer Mode: When there are a lot of players, it gets hard to see the parkour jumps ahead of you, but multiplayer mode makes everyone invisible with golden boots. It is activated with lime concrete powder, and deactivated with red concrete.

Conveyer Belt Blocks: Conveyer belt blocks will move the player along them (still a bit buggy), and can move the player in all four directions (indicated by the arrow on the top, all other arrows will not show right direction). 

Slowness Blocks: When a player stands on a iron block, they will receive slowness. 

UPDATE #2!

Before we start, huge thanks to r4isen1920, they just reached out to me with a version of my map that was improved! They just made a bunch of small touch ups that made this addon so much better (they even made the timer accurate in seconds, not ticks).

Their Twitter:  https://mobile.twitter.com/r4isen1920  

Very cool!

I added a new title feature, which is very simple to use, just place an armor stand underneath a netherite block, name it whatever level/area you want, and it will automatically show up for anyone walking over the netherite block.

WARNING! If you have already downloaded a version of this addon, make sure to delete any previous iterations of this pack you may have before trying to install! 

C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\behavior_packs is where you can find them on Windows 10. Or, you use find a tutorial like this one: 

NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO, I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE USEFUL

Changelog 

Installation

WARNING! If you have already downloaded a version of this addon, make sure to delete any previous iterations of this pack you may have before trying to install! 

C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\behavior_packs is where you can find them on Windows 10. Or, you can find a tutorial.

creator: GlitchyTurtle32

Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2021 1:39 pm
McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

updated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/04/2021 10:46 am
Share: