Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock Dig Functions

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

Dig Functions

This addon adds several variations of a command to quickly dig massive holes in the world. This is a tool for creative mode to easily find underground structures such as dungeons and is not intended for survival mode. You are welcome to try, but it will end rather quickly. It is not recommended to use this pack unless you already understand how to use commands.

Adding this addon to your world

Import this addon like you would any other, then add it to your world. You do not need to enable any experiments, but you will need cheats enabled. 

Commands

There are several commands in this addon, and more may be added later. Each digs approximately a chunk at a time, but work slightly differently. These are:

• dig_ores
  • dig
  • dig_nokill
  • dig_nuclear_danger_do-not-touch

Running a function

To run a function, open the chat and type /function [function name]. The various dig functions should show up. If they do not, you either do not have permission to use the function, cheats are disabled, or the pack was not properly added. 

/function dig_ores

This function digs a hole, removing all blocks that aren't part of a structure or ore. Best used for determining ore distribution.

/function dig

This function digs a hole similar to /function dig_ores, while also removing those ores. Best for finding structures.

/function dig_nokill

This is functionally identical to /function dig, except it does not include a command that destroys all items. Normally, this command helps to prevent lag from any blocks that break from supporting blocks breaking. Best use is for identifying where a build-up of items may be occuring.

/function dig_nuclear_danger_do-not-touch

This is the most dangerous function. Running this function deletes every block below you, including structures and bedrock. This is intentionally hard to type. Best used when you are struggling to find a specific part of a structure or if water is in the way. 

Known issues

1. I'm an idiot and forgot mesas exist, so this pack doesn't work there. I plan to fix it soon. It also doesn't work in the nether or end, mainly because I don't see why you'd need it to, but I may add these dimensions later. 
  2. Water sucks. It's hard to get rid of. 

You may use or modify this pack under two conditions:

1. Do not simply reupload it without changes and claim it as your own.
  2. Please leave a link to this page with the original pack.
creator: iamstumped

Topic starter Posted : 09/03/2022 9:52 am
Share: