Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock Mini Hakkero

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

Mini Hakkero

A portable furnace with many functions, from smelting items without fuel to shooting overkill attacks. This addon adds the iconic Mini Hakkero from the Tohou Project franchise to your world, a  handy tool and a weapon of mass destruction you´ll surely find useful.

What´s a Mini Hakkero?

This is a bit of an explanation section for those interested in what this thing is, since unless you are a fan the Tohou project saga is unlikely you know, if you already know about this device, or are just interested in the addon and don´t care about it´s origins, I suggest you to skip this.

To be quick, the mini hakkero is a handy device that comes from the "tohou project" universe, is a magical pocket furnace capable of producing different levels of heat without fuel, its applications vary from a small calefactor, a pocket stove to cook food, to shooting an oversized laser beam capable of piercing mountains which is also known as "Master Spark", which its owner, Marisa Kirisame, uses as her signature attack.

This item also takes inspiration from another source, in this case, the tale of the monkey king "Sun Wukong" (which you could know as the inspiration for Goku from dbz) , in that tale, the Hakkero is more or less just a giant furnace where the monkey king gets imprisoned but is not really that relevant for the Mini hakkero since the only trait that translates over is both being furnaces, but I rather mention it. And as a side note, if you didn´t know anything about tohou up until now, I would suggest you try and get to know a bit more about the franchise, even if you can´t play the games (the main series is Bullet Hells) there´s still lot´s more of stuff, a rich and interesting universe, banger themes, official mangas, and books, spin-off fighting games that are also canonical somehow, and lots, but LOTS of fan-made content of which a lot has influenced the global meme cultural so much you have probably seen tons of tohou originated memes without even knowing were they come from. So, go and give it a try , now that I finished my fanboy rambling let´s go to the addon itself.

The addon in question :p

To craft the Mini Hakkero you´ll need 4 netherite ingots and a nether star like shown here, it´s supposed to be a late-game item, and quite expensive, but you´ll see is worth the investment due to it´s many (and op) uses.

First, you can use it as an infinite flint and steel, same controls and all, just "hit" or right-click on any block (depending if you play on mobile or cellphone) and you´ll light that block on fire if possible, due to limitations of the game you´ll need a flint and steel to light up campfires, candles, and similar stuff as well as objects from other addons that ask for a flint and steel, but just to burn stuff, or light up a nether portal you can use this. 

Now, if you are sneaking, instead of lighting up a fire, you´ll place down the mini hakkero as a block, in this state, by interacting with the top of the block you can turn it on and off, and breaking the block by mining it from the sides you can pick it up again.

While the flame is on you can cook items on it as if it were a furnace, just an instant one with infinite fuel, this can "smelt" any item from the base game you can put on a regular furnace, as well as meat and ores from other addons, (if you find compatibility issues please tell me) , there might be specific smeltable resources from other addons this might not work on, if there´s food with raw and cooked or baked versions, or an "something ore" this will most likely work, but I can´t account for every recipe so there´s gonna be exceptions, if that´s the case tell me and I could update this to be compatible with more specific add-ons.

If while sneaking, instead of interacting with a block, you "charge" the item like if you were drawing a bow, you´ll start shooting a quick barrage of stars in whatever direction you are facing until you let go of the item, you don´t need to hold sneak while shooting, you only need to sneak to select this attack and can walk normally once you start shooting, but using the item will slow you down regardless. 

Stars deal 4 damage each and can travel up to 50 blocks if they don´t collide with anything, these disperse as they go, and only a fraction of them are shot at the exact direction you are pointing, so while you can use this as a traditional ranged weapon, you´ll get better results at close range against groups of enemies.

Now if you use the item but without sneaking you´ll start charging its fourth and last ability, keep "drawing" the item for 2 seconds and the charge will be complete, which you'll get notice of by a sound effect and the appearance of an empty "magic ring" , after this you can aim at your target, release the item and fire a MASTER SPARK.

AD

The master spark will last 6 seconds, on which you won´t be able to move or do anything besides rotating your camera to aim the attack while firing, so you must make the shot count, the master spark covers a 5x5 area approximately, dealing big damage to everything it hits as well as piercing to most blocks on it´s path, you can cancel the attack earlier either by sneaking or switching items, once they attack ends you'll be drop-down and able to move again.

The master spark is no joke at all, this attack can vaporize hordes of enemies, melt away a boss healthbar, and cut through the terrain like is it was butter (especially when focusing all of the attacks in a single point), so it must be used wisely, it can be useful to one shot a particularly hard boss, mine for ancient debris in the nether, or as an excavation tool if you don´t care about the shape of the whole, but for most cases it can be overkill (which is kinda the point :p) so don´t forget the otter uses of the mini hakkero which can come in handy more often, this is not ONLY a weapon of mas destruction, but if you just want to make things go boom with a fancy rainbow laser , who can blame you? 

Final notes

• Canceling the master spark can sometimes bug out the item animations, this is just a visual glitch and doesn't affect it´s behavior, and fixes itself after a few seconds, i´ll try to fix it in the future.
  • If you like the addon, but find the master spark too destructive join my discord and tell me, I´m considering adding an in-game settings menu to control the damage of the attack, as well if it can destroy blocks or not, both globally as an admin, and individually to customize your own hakkero.

creator: Axelpvz2030

Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2024 3:38 pm
Share: