Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock The Wannabeastiary

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

The Wannabeastiary

The Wannabeastiary is an addon mostly focused around new mobs, but I plan on adding to many different aspects of the game. Currently, this is an early version of the addon, so it is somewhat small aside from creature-related stuff, but i’ve got plans for things like new biomes, trees, crops, ores, armor, food, and more! This addon is based on the characters, lore, and species of my own fantasy worldbuilding project, Terra, as well as a few of my own personal headcanons for Minecraft lore I came up with a while ago, plus stuff I just thought would be cool to throw in. I love writing, worldbuilding, and my characters a lot, so I thought it would be super neat to make a lore-based addon, since I sadly don’t see a lot of those. I’ve also put a lot of thought into making sure everything has an actual use for survival gameplay without being too OP, so hopefully this addon can enhance your survival worlds immensely!

Prologue:

“There is so little we know about this world. 

It keeps its secrets well, all remnants of eras long past being eroded into nothing, an endless cycle destined to repeat itself forever. 

The stars shine down upon us, blessing us with the powerful forces of their magic, both good and evil. The gods watch from their celestial perch, silently observing as civilizations rise and fall, continents shift, seas become deserts and deserts to seas forever, for the rest of time. 

You follow in the footsteps of thousands of those who have come before, and thousands more will walk this path long after you are gone. 

This may not even be your first time- this world remembers every being that has ever lived and died upon its surface, and the souls of those long gone have a tendency to echo across time and space. 

You have a great destiny ahead of you, adventurer. The world has laid out billions and billions of paths for you to take, trillions of outcomes and futures for your endeavors. The world is vast beyond your comprehension, and secrets lie hidden in every corner of this planet.

Your fate is in your hands, adventurer. The path you choose is ultimately up to you.”

On the tab for each mob, there is a tab with an excerpt of lore for that creature. Said lore is useful for understanding the place in the world for these creatures, making the world feel more alive, and hopefully inspiring you to think more deeply about your world’s past and present. At the end of the day, this is YOUR story, and its secrets have laid waiting for countless millions of years for you to discover 🙂 

Got any questions or had any issues? I’ll try my best to reply to any comments, but you could also join my discord server to get a hold of me better right here: ( https://discord.gg/HSkC88EQfa ) Just make sure to keep it civil. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated, and if you have any suggestions for new stuff I could add, I’d love to hear it! (keep in mind that because this addon is based off my own stories and characters, I might not take any mob suggestions but items and blocks would be appreciated)

Mobs:

Buzzard:

Common Buzzard (Buteo buteo) (real animal, also referred to as hawk)

Brief description: Powerful birds of prey, buzzards can be found soaring through the plains biome. They serve as excellent shoulder-mounted companions, and are a great companion for hunters.

Lore:

Wherever there is an expanse of grass and an abundance of prey, buzzards can be seen circling the skies. Countless thousands of past adventures who once walked these plains discovered that by offering a buzzard a fresh kill, they will offer you their companionship, and perhaps, you will follow in their footsteps. Perfectly content to rest on the shoulder of their master, and armed with sharp talons to gouge monsters with, buzzards are a beloved and invaluable companion for many an explorer.

Found in: Plains, fairly common

Variants: just one, Burio

Health: 10

Tameable with: raw beef, porkchop, chicken, or mutton

Healable with: beef

Breedable with: Not breedable 

Damage: 2

Hostile towards: Rabbits

Drops: Same loot table as parrots

Primary use: A pet that can assist you in hunting. 

Other notes:

-Most of the shoulder pets in this addon broke, so I don’t think they can sit on your shoulder currently.

-Their ai struggles to attack their target and I don’t know how to fix that.

Additional facts: man what do i even put here its literally a bird

Chupacabra:

Chupacabra (Chupacabra brutallicus) (Fictional species)

Brief description: Chupacabras are everywhere in the desert, surviving solely off sheer strength and the fact that they aren’t picky when it comes to prey. Thankfully, they don’t go after humans unless provoked, and can be tamed. Imagine a wolf but bigger, fluffier, spikier, and venomous. If you’re not a dog person, chupacabras are good for one other thing- their pelts are surprisingly soft and fluffy, and you can make a set of incredibly durable and super cool-looking armor from their pelts. It even comes with a tail and adorable paws- totally not a discount fursuit.

Lore:

The scorching deserts of this world are a harsh and ruthless environment where only the strong survive, breeding fury and force. There are few examples of this better than the chupacabra. These vicious desert hounds once roamed the sands, picking off any prey they could, until long ago, a civilization of desert people formed in the heart of the chupacabra’s primary hunting grounds, driving them off as pests. Under a lord they called Anarchy, a bitter chupacabra with scars across his snout, the desert hounds all rallied and stormed the pyramid-shaped temples these people worshipped in, slaughtering them all. That night, when the evil magics of this world came to take the souls of the dead to leave them as undead monsters, the vile venom of the chupacabras became transmogrified with the corpses, creating the venomous, sun-bleached husks that still shamble across the desert to this day, fighting a war against the chupacabras even in their death. 

Found in: Deserts, in groups of 1-3. They spawn rather frequently.

Variants: Anarchy (tan w orange eyes and scars on snout), Lizard (black, 1/10 chance to spawn), Bastion (brown), Rattlesnake (Light tan with yellow eyes and visible nipples)

Health: 25

Tameable with: raw beef, mutton, or pork, their tame chance is slightly lower than that of a wolf.

Healable with: Any meat

Breedable with: Any meat

Damage: 3, but they also inflict poison for 6 seconds!

Hostile towards: In the wild, chupacabras will kill husks, cats, foxes, and of course… goats.

Drops: 1-2 chupacabra pelts

Primary use: A stronger counterpart of the wolf, with a venomous bite, also drop their pelts which can be used to craft chupacabra pelt armor

Other notes: Chupacabras are scared of camels. 

Additional facts:

-The civilization the chupacabras destroyed is the same one that built the desert wells and temples.

-The lore of the chupacabras storming the desert civilization is based off a novel I’m writing about these characters, Stronghold City. In canon, Anarchy is their leader. 

-Chupacabras killing goats was suggested by a friend.

-Rattlesnake is Lizard’s mother, and responsible for Lizard’s scratched out eye.

-All chupacabra variants aside from Lizard spawn at a 1/ 3 chance. In their canonical Terra lore, black chupacabras are caused by a very rare mutation. You can also craft black chupacabra armor, but since black chupacabras don’t have their own pelt item, you just need a piece of chupacabra armor and an ink sac.

Thylacine:

Domestic Thylacine (Thylacinus cyanocephalus domesticus) (fictional subspecies of real animal)

Brief description: These adorable, surprisingly doglike carnivorous marsupials were famously hunted to extinction in our world, but in your Minecraft worlds, they’re doing just fine. They are basically dogs with pouches, and they make fantastic companions for your adventures. 

Lore:

The arid lands of the outback were especially beloved to the Higher Wyvern Helena, who delighted in observing its incredible and unique wildlife. Some of the beings who followed the dragon’s travels for good fortune settled down in the outback, and began to tame this wild and unruly land. One of their most beloved and loyal animals were the domesticated thylacines, carnivorous marsupials very reminiscent of the taiga’s wolves. 

This outback civilization flourished for about  three centuries, a blink of the eye for the immortal Helena, who felt an obligation to protect these people who admired her so. One fateful day, a young hunter named Amber was out scouting with her thylacine hounds, when she attempted to practice her aim by firing an arrow in the direction of a rustle in a nearby bush, assuming it to be a bird. One of her loyal hounds went to retrieve the mortally wounded animal, and to her horror, Amber saw that it was Helena herself she had shot. As the dragon lay dying in Amber’s arms, the hunter could feel Helena’s emotions, and the fact that Helena knew this arrow was not meant for her and forgave Amber for her mistake hurt all the more. Helena knew that if Amber was seen with her body, the town would have her hung, so with the last of her strength, she used her powerful magics to transform the hunter into a thylacine, so she could safely disappear alone into the wilderness. The last thing the townsfolk spotted before Helena finally died, the ancient magics returning her soul to a faraway land again in her endless cycle of rebirth, was the figure of a thylacine hunched over the dragon, before it fled into the wilderness.

The people of the outback abandoned all their loyal hounds into the wilderness to die in their anger and despair. What became of the people of the outback is unclear, and the answer has likely been lost to time, but the thylacines had been a part of the outback long before the humans arrived, and they continued to survive long after their masters had gone. Their loyalty will serve you well- the thylacines still have an innermost longing to hunt by the side of a new master. 

Found in: I have plans to add a new outback biome, but I don’t feel ready for new biomes yet, so they spawn in the savannas for the time being with a fairly frequent spawn.

Variants: Amber (dark tan), Fighter (light tan)

Health: 16

Tameable with: Raw mutton

Healable with: any meat

Breedable with: any meat

Damage: 3

Hostile towards: Same as the wolf 

Drops: Just xp, same as the wolf. 

Primary use: Alternative of the wolf

Other notes: I wanted to make it so you could store items in their pouch (6 inventory slots), but I couldn’t get it to work. Eventually I will add this in, but for now they’re just wolves with slightly less health.

Additional facts:

- the thylacine’s tame item being raw mutton is a reference to the fact that thylacines would reportedly kill sheep from farms, which sadly caused farmers to hunt them to extinction.

-In the canon lore of Terra (where these characters are from), Amber is literally just Mei-Yin’s (see Higher Drakes) pet thylacine. The thing about Amber being a human that was transformed is just for the Wannabeastiary’s lore. 

Lancelet:

European Lancelet (Branchiostoma lanceolatum) (Real animal)

Brief description: Not quite a worm and not quite a fish, lancelets are small, primitive proto-vertebrates that lack a skeleton, heart, brain, eyes, and a spine. Watching them swim around is quite fun though- they’re very wiggly compared to regular minecraft fish.

Lore:

Some of this world’s animals seem to defy the laws of evolution. The lancelet is one of such creatures- a primitive, fish-like creature that lacks a spine, brain, eyes, and heart. They share the waters with their descendants- sleek salmon with powerful jaws and a hunger for aquatic animals smaller than themselves. Devoured en masse by both salmon and hungry adventurers, the only thing saving the lancelets is their fast reproduction and slithery, slimy body, which can easily wriggle from a predator’s grasp. It is unknown why some of them have bow ties, but rumor has it that they are the devotees of a lancelet god by the name of George, whatever that means. It’s not like they have the mental capacity to understand worship.

Found in: Rivers, spawn fairly commonly either on their own or in small shoals

Variants: Normal (9/10 chance), Notochord George (has a bow tie, 1/10 chance)

Health: 4

Tameable with: Not tamable

Damage: How would they even attack????

Hostile towards: Very scary if you’re microscopic plankton, which I assume you aren’t. Aside from that, lancelets are completely harmless.

Drops: 0-1 slimeballs, 1 raw lancelet

Primary use: A food source, easy way to get slimeballs, and a nice ambient mob to spruce up the waterways.

Other notes: Unlike fish, lancelets do not despawn from a distance. You can also put them into a bucket to carry them, due to limitations the bucket will display as a bucket of cod. Even though it says it’s a bucket of cod, you’ll still get a lancelet if you pour it out.

Additional facts: 

-Raw lancelets as a food item are a reference to lancelets being caught for food in some parts of the world, often eaten raw. 

-The rare variant of the lancelet with a bow tie is based off one of my characters, Notochord George, who is literally just a lancelet with a bow tie.

Antlion:

Antlion (Distoleon tetragrammicus) (real animal, but like silverfish and spiders it’s a fantastic rendition of them that doesnt behave anything like the real animal)

Brief description: Large flying insects that rove over the deserts, antlions cannot be tamed, yet are still useful to keep around. They will kill any other arthropods they come across- any prowling grounds of these insects will be free of spiders, silverfish, and the like. Additionally, their blood contains compounds that boost the strength of whoever eats it, and even makes them immune to scorching heat. 

Lore:

The desert sands hide all manner of things both eerie and wonderful, natural and man-made. Many adventurers sojourning across the dunes have come into contact with these large, magnificent flying insects. While the antlion may seem intimidating at first with its razor-sharp mandibles, it is harmless to most creatures unless provoked. Antlions are ruthless predators of all other arthropods, effortlessly tearing creatures such as spiders and silverfish into tiny pieces with their jaws. No exoskeleton is strong enough to withstand the bite of a hungry antlion. 

While unable to be domesticated, adventurers journeying through the deserts have sometimes captured antlions and tied them up near their camp as an easy way to prevent midnight spider attacks. 

Some ancient civilizations worshiped the antlions for their strength and fury, and many old hieroglyphs from civilizations long gone seem to frame the antlion as a sort of sun god. Indeed, these creatures do possess incredible powers- even their flesh and blood carries some sort of strange magic. The golden haemolymph of an antlion carries the strength and resilience of the creature it came from, and ingesting a drop of antlion blood will grant you their strength for a short burst. Those who ingest the haemolymph claim that for a brief moment after swallowing, their fists will strike with the strength of the insect’s jaws, and they will be immune to the effects of the scorching desert sun- some testing the haemolymph’s power have even waded through molten lava completely unharmed. 

Found in: Deserts

Variants: just one, Steven

Health: 20

Tameable with: Not tamable

Breedable with: Spider eye, fermented spider eye

Damage: 6

Hostile towards: All arthropods other than themselves, neutral to player

Drops: 0-1 antlion haemolymph

Primary use: They kill any arthropods they come across, so keeping them around to kill silverfish and spiders is useful. They also drop their haemolymph (blood), which can be swallowed for the chance to give you fire res and strength for a few seconds. 

Other notes:

-They swarm when angered! Do not attack them unless you’re prepared- they deal heavy damage!

-Antlions are not tagged as arthropods in the code because I didn’t know how to do that without making them kill each other. Bane of arthropods will not work on them. 

Additional facts:

-I plan on adding more arthropods to the desert eventually like scorpions and centipedes so their arthropod-killing talents are more useful.

-They were supposed to have a nest block like a bee hive they’d call home but it broke lmfao

Raptis: 

Raptis (Raptis raptis) (fictional species in the real-world family Dromaeosauridae)

Brief description: Raptises are a species of dinosaur that has persisted to the modern day by sheer wit. Often encountered in the depths of the forests, these magnificent, intelligent creatures are one of the sickest mounts you’ll ever get to hold the reins of. It’s like a horse, but faster and more badass, plus they’ll follow you and defend you too!

Lore:

Highly intelligent dromaeosaurid dinosaurs, the raptises were once a prospering species spanning dozens of civilizations, but the passage of time spares no one, and now nothing but dust remains of those great dynasties. In the modern day and age, raptises are a rare sight, a fleeting flash of color at the edge of a forest. Their numbers have dwindled greatly, and they are looking for a new leader to ally under. Perhaps it could be you- with their sharp claws and even sharper mind, a raptis is an invaluable partner in these hostile lands.

Found in: Any forest biome, somewhat uncommon so you’ll have to go looking

Variants: Eerie (blue), Cardinal (red), Moss (green)

Health: Anywhere from 20-30

Tameable with: raw rabbit, raw chicken, or eggs- bring a lot, since the chance to tame when fed is much lower than that of wolves.

Healable with: Any meat

Breedable with: Any meat, only when tamed though

Hostile towards: Cows, pigs, sheep, horses 

Drops: 1-3 feathers, 0-2 leather, and 0-1 raptis talons

Primary use: Act as a bodyguard and companion (like a wolf, but way cooler), and once saddled, can be ridden as an extremely fast mount. Also, when killed, they drop their talons, which can be used to make talon daggers.

Other notes: 

-Raptises are much faster than horses, and can jump extremely high! They’re also immune to fall damage, thanks to those feathers breaking their fall.

-Like horses, every raptis has a different health and speed value. You can breed them to get faster and stronger ones. 

Additional facts:

-in canon Terra lore, Eerie changes color with emotion. Her skin in the mod is based on her happy color palette.

Lavas:

This species and the characters their variants are based on were created by my good friend ShippyFishy! Please check out their art and characters here!   https://youtube.com/@ShippyFishy?si=N0jpbIGZ9kR9FNpF

Lavas (Corvus lavaeum)

Brief description: Magnificent birds of fire found in the crimson forests, lavas are exceptionally great companions for Nether explorers, as they are immune to fire and will shoot fireballs at any target their master demands. Despite their fiery demeanor and piercing screams, they are quite charming little creatures. 

Lore: 

The Nether is a dimension that exists in limbo, somewhere between the beginning and the end of the world. Long ago, the first explorers to ignite a nether portal opened Pandora’s box, allowing fauna and flora from the Overworld to conquer this new, lifeless world of brimstone and fire. Mushrooms evolved into towering tree-like organisms, pigs evolved into intelligent human-like creatures capable of building societies of their own, and slimes evolved a hard coat of rocky armor and a burning, molten core as a replacement for watery gel. The greatest of this world’s biologists and scientists dream of studying the Nether’s eerie ecosystems, but the barren landscape they evolved to fill breeds hostility, and many adventurers who enter the Nether never return. 

Among the bizarre forms of life that call this living hell home are the Lavas, medium-sized passerine birds that are speculated to be descendants of common crows. The Nether has truly changed and warped these birds beyond recognition- the claws on their wings and long dragon-like tail bring an Archaeopteryx to mind. Their feathers are resistant to the most scorching of temperatures, and like many of the Nether’s horrific beasts, they use the infernal nature of their habitat to their advantage, spitting fireballs at any threats that enter their domain. The most unique trait of the lavas, however, is their gel. The horns, belly, and tail of these birds holds a luminous, extremely hot substance near identical in composition to the gel of magma cubes. This is likely not a coincidence- along with nether wart foliage of their crimson forest habitat, their diet also consists of magma cubes. Lavas are frequently hunted for their gel, but just as frequently are domesticated by explorers of the Nether, finding great value in their flame-spitting capabilities and immunity to the infernal temperatures of the Nether.

Found in: Crimson forests in the nether

Variants: Firestorm (black and red, 36% chance), Reed (black and orange, 36% chance), Thunderclap (gray and yellow, 20% chance), Stargazer (gray and purple, 4% chance), Solar (white, 4% chance)

Health: 14

Tameable with: Nether wart

Healable with: red mushroom

Breedable with: Nether wart block

Damage: however much blaze fireballs do

Hostile towards: Magma cubes in the wild

Drops: 1-2 feathers, 0-2 magma cream

Primary use: Living fireball turret, an ideal travel companion for the nether

Other notes:

-Most of the shoulder pets in this addon broke, so I don’t think they can sit on your shoulder currently.

-Baby lavas are kinda broken and I dont think you can tame them. I’m not sure how to fix this.

-Lavas are immune to fire.

-Do not keep tamed lavas near flammable structures or forests. If you hit a mob nearby, they’ll start to shoot fireballs, and this will end very badly. 

Additional facts:

-Their name is pronounced as “lawas”.

Ancient Dragon:

Ancient Dragon (Archaeodraconus prime) (fictional species)

Brief description: Magnificent beige dragons, and the largest creature in this addon thus far. Ancient dragons do not spawn naturally- the only way to obtain one is to craft a spawn egg with dracanite and ancient dragon fossils. Once hatched, you’ll have a cute baby dragon that can be tamed by offering it beef. It will slowly grow to a massive size of 5 and a half blocks long, and once an adult, can be ridden without a saddle! Ancient dragons are extremely fast and can jump super high- not only this, but they have an extremely high amount of health, and will defend you until the bitter end. Hunting for fossils in the deserts might be a daunting task, but the reward is well worth it. 

Lore:

In the ever changing landscape of this world, it is inevitable some species will fail to adapt and end up as nothing more than a memory, some old fossils buried in a cliff face or tucked away beneath the desert sands. Not even dragons, despite all their might, are immune to this fate. 

Such was the fate of the very first species of dragon to walk this earth, left as nothing more than old bones buried beneath the barren deserts. These old bones still hold some of the soul of these long-extinct creatures, and perhaps, using the powerful, life-giving magic of dracanite, the condensed souls of deceased dragons, you can make these long-dead dragons’ souls whole again. 

The ancient dragon lacks any special abilities of its predecessors- no wings or fire breathing. What it lacks in these traits is sheer strength and agility- ancient dragons are suprisingly light for their size, and can easily hop from treetop to treetop, or scale sheer cliff faces. Like most contemporary dragon species, the ancient dragons have very tough, armored scales, and can take an extreme amount of punishment before their bones return to the earth once more. Perhaps, in the far-distant future, another adventurer like you will come along, discover the fossilized bones of an ancient dragon you once travelled alongside, and revitalize them yet again.

Found in: Ancient Dragons do not spawn naturally. To get one, you will need to craft the spawn egg with dracanite and ancient dragon fossils.

Variants: just one, Aural

Health: 80

Tameable with: Raw beef, 100% chance

Healable with: all meat

Damage: 4

Hostile towards: Nothing aside from their owner’s targets

Drops: 0-1 ancient dragon fossils, 0-2 dracanite

Primary use: An extremely agile mount that doesn’t need a saddle, an extremely powerful tame 

Other notes: Ancient dragons are not as fast as raptises, and can’t jump as high, but they’re still superior to a horse.

Additional facts: doing their animations took FOREVER

Higher Wyvern:

Higher Wyvern (Draconus ascendae) (fictional species)

Brief description: These small dragons are children of the gods themselves. There are five of them: Helena, the representative of Nature, Nerva, the representative of War, David, the representative of Thought, the Survivor, the representative of Instinct, and Trevor, the representative of Isolation. When traveling through the warmer regions of your world, there’s a small chance you’ll come across one of these demigods. Offer them a golden fruit or vegetable, and they will accompany you to the ends of the world and back. They can fire puffs of smoke from their jaws with extreme accuracy, and just a few shots is enough to take down a player. Despite their small size, Higher Wyverns can take a lot of punishment. 

Lore:

The revered children of the gods, the Higher Wyverns have seen thousands upon thousands of sunsets, set foot on nearly every square meter of land on this planet, and witnessed the slow passage of time creep across this ancient world. The Higher Wyverns and their feathered counterparts, despite their small stature and cute appearance, are likely the oldest beings in the entirety of this world, and there is no telling what wisdom and knowledge they hold. 

The divine blessings upon these dragons leave them unable to die permanently. Upon their death, they will be reincarnated into a new body identical to their old one, memories and mind still intact. There is only one Helena, one Nerva, one David, one Survivor, and one Trevor, but due to abnormalities in their resurrection, any given one of the Higher Wyverns may manifest across several different vessels at the same time, each extra body serving as an extension of the dragon’s being. An invaluable and loyal ally, the favor of a Higher Wyvern is, by extension, a favor of the gods themselves. 

Found in: Any warm biomes (jungle, tropical beach, desert, mesa, etc), with a very low chance 

Variants: Helena Flier (blue), Nerva (green and orange with a scar over his eye), David (tan), The Survivor (emerald green with a pink lanyard around her neck), Trevor (pale green and yellow, with an extra eye on his left side) 

Health: 40

Tameable with: Golden apples, golden carrots, glistering melons, enchanted golden apples

Healable with: Golden apples, golden carrots, glistering melons, enchanted golden apples

Healable with: melon slices, apples, carrots, raw salmon, clownfish, potatoes, poisonous potatoes, beetroots, raw rabbit, glistering melon, honeycombs, raw chicken, raw mutton, rabbit stew… they aren’t picky.

Damage: They spit a projectile that does 6 damage

Hostile towards: Nothing, aside from their owner’s target

Drops: they drop absolutely nothing. what’s wrong with you? Why would you do that?  

Primary use: Fairly powerful companion, living turret

Other notes:

-They will be getting many more uses soon! I have big plans for them, but wasn’t ready to implement them just yet.

-Higher wyverns are immune to fire and lava.

Additional facts: 

-The Higher Wyverns and Higher Drakes are the closest thing to ‘main characters’  in this addon’s lore.

-The Higher Dragons are some of my favorite and most important characters I’ve ever created.

Higher Drake:

Higher Drake (Drakae ascendus) (fictional species)

Brief description: These small dragons are children of the gods themselves. There are three of them: Drakewell, the representative of Society, Mei-Yin, the representative of Peace, and Colin, the representative of Socialization. When traveling through the warmer regions of your world, there’s a small chance you’ll come across one of these demigods. Offer them a golden fruit or vegetable, and they will accompany you to the ends of the world and back. Their teeth and claws are capable of shredding through monsters, and despite their small size, Higher Drakes can take a lot of punishment.

Lore:

The revered children of the gods, and the counterparts of the Higher Wyverns, the Higher Drakes have seen thousands upon thousands of sunsets, set foot on nearly every square meter of land on this planet, and witnessed the slow passage of time creep across this ancient world. The Higher Drakes and their winged counterparts, despite their small stature and cute appearance, are likely the oldest beings in the entirety of this world, and there is no telling what wisdom and knowledge they hold. 

Unlike the Higher Wyverns, the wings of the Higher Drakes are too small to be of use. This does not phase the drakes, however, as their magnificent feathers allow them to safely glide from any height. Their bodies are near weightless, and they are incredibly swift- blink once and they are gone. 

The divine blessings upon these dragons leave them unable to die permanently. Upon their death, they will be reincarnated into a new body identical to their old one, memories and mind still intact. There is only one Drakewell, one Mei-Yin, and one Colin, but due to abnormalities in their resurrection, any given one of the Higher Drakes may manifest across several different vessels at the same time, each extra body serving as an extension of the dragon’s being. An invaluable and loyal ally, the favor of a Higher Drake is, by extension, a favor of the gods themselves. 

Found in: Any warm biomes (jungle, tropical beach, desert, mesa, etc), with a very low chance 

Variants: Edmund Drakewell (brown), Mei-Yin (pink), Colin (black)

Health: 40

Tameable with: Golden apples, golden carrots, glistering melons, enchanted golden apples

Healable with: melon slices, apples, carrots, raw salmon, clownfish, potatoes, poisonous potatoes, beetroots, raw rabbit, glistering melon, honeycombs, raw chicken, raw mutton, rabbit stew… they aren’t picky.

Hostile towards: Nothing, aside from their owner’s target

Drops: they drop absolutely nothing. what’s wrong with you? Why would you do that?  

Primary use: Fairly powerful companion 

Other notes:

-They will be getting many more uses soon! I have big plans for them, but wasn’t ready to implement them just yet.

-Higher drakes are immune to fire and lava.

-Higher drakes are immune to fall damage. 

Additional facts:

-The Higher Wyverns and Higher Drakes are the closest thing to ‘main characters’  in this addon’s lore.

-The Higher Dragons are some of my favorite and most important characters I’ve ever created.

Dragonshrew:

Strawberry dragonshrew (Toxisorex fragum) (fictional species)

Brief description: These tiny, lizardlike cousins of the dragons can be found in jungles, and although they cannot fight back against anything larger than a silverfish, they are heart-meltingly adorable. If that isn't enough reason to keep them around, you can ‘milk’ their venom into a bottle for poison potions, or feed them a slimeball to get them to cough up an acid charge! 

Lore:

The mighty dragons of this world evolved from creatures much smaller. Enter the dragonshrew- a distant cousin of the dragons, similar in appearance and intellect to a small lizard. These small, warm-blooded animals have been sought out for many an adventurer for two main reasons- their charming appearance and their potent toxins. Dragonshrews seek out foods containing high levels of toxins and assimilate them into their flesh and blood. For this reason, few creatures dare to hunt dragonshrews. A domesticated dragonshrew can be trained to release some of this venom into a vessel, making it a useful familiar for hunters looking to give their arrows a little extra bite, or potion brewers, such as the Order of Witchcraft. It is said that these wicked, ex-villagers first learned how to brew their vile potions by studying the compounds in dragonshrew venom- and indeed, the ingredients in their poison potions mimic the diet of a wild dragonshrew, with all the compounds required to inflict poisoning. 

Found in: Jungles

Variants: 1 (Pet)

Health: 8

Tameable with: poisonous potato, spider eye, fermented spider eye, antlion haemolymph

Healable with: poisonous potato, spider eye, fermented spider eye, sugar, honeycomb, antlion haemolymph, nether wart

Breedable with: poisonous potato, antlion haemolymph

Damage: 4 + 30s of fatal poison- more than enough to kill its silverfish prey

Hostile towards: silverfish and endermites

Drops: none

Primary use: You can get a potion of poison by using a bottle on them. Use a slimeball on them to get an acid charge. 

Other notes:

-Baby dragonshrews are kinda broken and I dont think you can tame them. I’m not sure how to fix this.

-They fall slowly (i dont know how to fix this), but still take fall damage.

Additional facts:

-I know they look like lizards, but they aren’t related to lizards I swear

-There’s a few different species of dragonshrew i’ve created (most are not venomous), but they probably won’t be added because these guys are enough.

Serim:

Serim (Serima skiff) (fictional species)

Brief description: 

These friendly, peaceful antelopes can be found roaming the plains. Their fur, dyed green from a symbiotic species of algae living in their pelt, may make them hard to spot amongst the grassy expanse, but they are extremely common. Serims are too skittish to attack, but despite this,  there are two main reasons to domesticate one. First off, they can be milked like a cow, and second off, they can be farmed for their meat. Also, they are cute, and if you weren’t sold already, now you are. 

Lore:

The plains are home to all manner of peaceful beasts, from horses to pigs to chickens to the elusive serim. The most striking feature of these slender antelopes is their green fur, which blends them into the grassy expanse they call home. This hue is actually the result of a symbiotic relationship with a species of alga that lives off the skin oils of the serim, camouflaging its pelt in return. Serims are peaceful grazers, and when confronted will choose to flee rather than fight. They are quite friendly, and any adventurer who sets out into the plains with wheat or apples in their pocket will find a curious serim sniffing at their pants. Many appreciate the serim for its company alone, but the milk of the antelope has the same magic-nullifying effect of that of cows. Tamed serims are sometimes regarded as a sort of livestock, supplying milk. When the herd gets too big, the farmer will cull some of the weaker or older serims for delectable cuts of meat, their flavor said to be near identical of that of sheep mutton.

Found in: Plains, in groups of 1-3

Variants: 1 (Luka)

Health: 14

Tameable with: Wheat, apples

Healable with: wheat 

Breedable with: Wheat

Damage: None

Hostile towards: None

Drops: 1-2 raw mutton

Primary use: Can be milked or farmed for food.

Other notes:

-Tamed serims will have a red bandanna.

-They cannot defend you.

Additional facts:

-in their canon lore in my worldbuilding project, serims evolved to climb trees growing in plains. I’ll probably add this when I get better at coding. 

ITEMS:

Raptis Talons: 

Dropped by Raptises. They can be used to craft daggers.

Dracanite:

Beautiful gems made from the condensed magic of dragon souls. These valuable crystals can be used to craft ancient dragon spawn eggs, dracanite blocks, or crystal apples- with more uses coming soon.

Ancient dragon fossil:

The skull of a long-extinct dragon species. Can be used to craft an ancient dragon spawn egg, or crafted into a display for an awesome base decoration. 

Chupacabra pelt:

Used to craft Chupacabra pelt armor. Was also supposed to be for chupacabra pelt rugs, but those broke. 

Antlion Haemolymph:

The shimmery, golden blood of an antlion. Within it, it holds the ferocity of the creature it came from, and eating it will grant you the antlion’s strength and an immunity to fire for about ten seconds. It also restores three hunger. A great snack to bring to the Nether, in case you get into a pinch- if you can handle feeling like an insect vampire. 

Raw Lancelet: May not seem that appetizing, but it can be a good source of food in a pinch. Restores 3 hunger.

Reins:

They’re reins, what else do I have to say? Used in the new crafting recipe of saddles.

Acid Charge:

A semisolid ball of acid. Can be thrown like a snowball, dealing 4 damage and knocking back any creature it hits. Obtained by feeding a tamed dragonshrew a slimeball.

AD

Crystal Apple:

What power this shimmering fruit holds! Embued with the magic of dragon souls itself, eating this incredible fruit will grant you fire resistance, absorption, haste, swiftness, regeneration, strength, and haste for five whole minutes. 

BLOCKS:

Ancient Dragon Fossil Ore:

A rare fossilized skull of an ancient dragon. These can be found spawning in deserts in place of sandstone. They are quite rare, your best bet is to observe the walls of cliffs to spot them. 

Ancient Dragon Display:

If you’ve got a flair for exotic base decorations, this fossil mount is the coolest one you’ll likely ever get your hands on. Perfect for fans of the prehistoric.

Dracanite Block:

A gorgeous block of solid dracanite used for storage, like a diamond block. 

Dracanite Ore:

Dragons have so much magic in their bodies that when they die, all their magic and parts of their soul are left behind. Beautiful crystals of pure magic can form in the final resting places of dragons, and given enough time, will end up buried deep below the planet’s surface. Found at y-levels 30 to 0, dracanite ore can be found in small veins. You don’t need a pickaxe to mine it. 

ARMOR AND TOOLS:

Raptis Talon Dagger:

A nice primal-looking weapon crafted by a talon, a string, and a stick. 

Durability: 230

Chupacabra Pelt Armor:

Although it doesn’t provide much in the way of protection, any sort of armor you can get helps. It’s even better when the armor looks utterly snazzy, with the snout, ears, back quills, and tail of the chupacabra it came from still intact! Fairly durable, chupacabra armor is a must-have for anyone who wants to rock that feral look. 

Durability:  200

Defense: 2 (helmet) 4 (chestplate) 2 (pants) 1 (boots) 

Can be repaired with: Chupacabra pelts

Black Chupacabra Pelt Armor:

Chupacabra pelt armor, but with a little extra protection and durability. Also, it came from one of the elusive black chupacabras, so it’s extra special! Actually, wait, is that… ink? Hey, if dying a regular old chupacabra pelt black works, it works. Crafted with any piece of pelt armor and an ink sac.

Durability: 220

Defense: 3 (helmet) 5 (chestplate) 2 (pants) 2 (boots)

Can be repaired with: Chupacabra pelts

Here’s both armor sets together!

CRAFTING RECIPES:

This is every single new recipe in this addon. Here you go.

CREDITS:

-Pack icon by ShippyFishy

-Lavas species and designs by ShippyFishy

-Special thanks to FatalConfuzion for helping me out with the Higher Wyvern code

-everything else by me 

Enjoy!! <//3 

If you have any questions or suggestions for the addon or want to send over some fanart or feedback, feel free to contact me through youtube or in my discord server to make sure I see it! 

You are also welcome to record showcase videos or survival playthroughs of this add-on, as long as you link back here or credit my youtube channel. Go wild. 

Changelog

ummmm- I posted the addon? What am I even supposed to put here?

Installation

just download it it’s not that hard

MAKE SURE you turn on experimental features otherwise half the stuff wont work

creator: firewing

Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2024 5:28 pm
Share: