MCPE/Bedrock Defined PBR - An RTX Resource Pack (The Biggest Update Yet!)
Defined PBR - An RTX Resource Pack (The Biggest Update Yet!)
Defined PBR is a Ray Tracing compatible resource pack that combines simple but detailed heightmaps with subtle and consistent materials, leading to a faithful enhancement of the vanilla textures. Version 1.1.5 completely overhauls the materials of all of the metals, and HEAVILY improves on the emissivity of Glow Lichen, the Sculk Sensor and more!
This pack will also be updated every time new beta content is released to ensure a seamless experience in game whether you are on the betas or not!
Through designing simple and faithful Ray Tracing textures Defined PBR creates the most definitive enhanced vanilla look for the game! Each block uses consistent materials so that they can all look uniform with each other when used together in builds as well!
New Iron, Copper, and Netherite!
Remastered Ice heightmaps!
Increased Emissivity in many blocks!
This pack also tweaks several particle transparencies in order to make them less obtrusive.
Other tweaks included include items instantly moving to their destination in the inventory instead of sliding when shift-clicked, and the removal of the item pop animation when using a tool.
1.17 Panorama in RTX!
The Dressing Room background has been converted to use RTX as well!
Newly added option in Video Settings! Vsync:
Be sure to select "No Vertical Sync" for now, as there is a bug that causes performance to become much worse when both Vsync and Ray Tracing are on. You can view the report and vote for it here: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE-121850
Applying this pack in the beta will also result in all beta aspects being hidden as well as supporting the new blocks added.
Pack addons! Glowing Ores:
Old Glowing Ores:
Other pack addons include Borderless Glass, Clear Water, and Glowing Terracotta!
One thing you should note is that currently due to a bug it is impossible for any RTX resource pack to make Candles emit any light as they don't accept PBR textures, so for now all you can do to help fix this is upvote the bug report I created for it here: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE-132021
This pack will not work if you do not meet the following requirements:
Minecraft version 1.16.200+ on Windows 10
An Intel Core i5 or better
A Ray Tracing capable graphics card (Nvidia RTX 2000+ or AMD RX 6000+)
At least 8GB of RAM
Leave your suggestions for the pack down below!
If you would like to learn how you could make an RTX resource pack yourself or just discuss RTX with other PBR resource pack creators then I recommend joining the Minecraft RTX discord server! You can join through this link: https://discord.gg/eKVKD3c
- Remastered Netherite Block, Ancient Debris, Copper Block, Cut Copper, Exposed Copper, Exposed Cut Copper, Weathered Copper, Weathered Cut Copper, Oxidised Copper, Oxidised Cut Copper, Cartography Table, Rail, Powered Rail, Activator Rail, Detector Rail, Hopper, Tripwire Hook, Redstone Lamp, Note Block, Jukebox, Piston, Sticky Piston, Dispenser, Dropper, Fletching Table, Smithing Table, Crafting Table, Smoker, Furnace, Blast Furnace, Stonecutter, Cauldron, Anvil, Chains, Iron Bars, Iron Trapdoor, and Iron Block metal materials
- Improved Oak Planks, Birch Planks, Spruce Planks, Jungle Planks, Acacia Planks, Dark Oak Planks, Warped Planks, Crimson Planks, Netherite Block, Hopper, Redstone Lamp, Piston, Sticky Piston, Dispenser, Dropper, Fletching Table, Smithing Table, Smoker, Furnace, Blast Furnace, Cauldron, Anvil, Iron Bars, Iron Trapdoor, Iron Door, Iron Block, Oak Door, Oak Trapdoor, Emerald Block, Gold Block and Diamond Block heightmaps
- Added unique and remastered heightmaps to Ice, Packed Ice, and Blue Ice
- Improved Nether Portal transparency
- Improved Slime Block transparency
- Made Torch and Lantern more emissive
- Made Soul Torch emit a hugely greater amount of light and fixed the colour of the emitted light
- Made Glow Lichen and Sculk Sensor emit a hugely greater amount of light without changing the look of the texture
- Made Redstone Ore and Deepslate Redstone Ore properly react to being activated
- Increased the brightness of several door textures to provide a workaround to a bug that unintentionally darkens them. You can vote for this bug here: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE-121412
- Improved texture and transparency of the edges of Glass Panes in Borderless Glass to match the rest of the block
- Updated White Stained Glass and White Stained Glass Pane textures in Borderless Glass
- Added carried textures to Glass Blocks in Borderless Glass to improve playability. Unfortunately Glass Panes do not apply carried textures, so this fix won't affect them for now.
- Implemented an RTX version of the Character Creator background
- Implemented an RTX screenshot to replace the Create New World thumbnail
- Fixed a few incorrect textures in the Character Creator
- Fixed the incorrect scale of the Spyglass overlay when Ray Tracing is turned on (this will cause the overlay with Ray Tracing off to be incorrectly scaled instead)
To get to the final download links, simply follow these steps:
- Click "Free Access with Ads"
- Click "Discover interesting articles"
- Close the popup window after 5 seconds
- Click "Continue" and you will be redirected straight to the mediafire download page!
Utilizing link services such as Linkvertise allows you to support me and my current and upcoming projects just by simply viewing a few ads for 5 seconds before downloading my content. If you would like to support me in another way instead, I may consider creating an alternative method with exclusive sneak peaks, direct downloads, and more. I'm looking to find out how many people would be interested in that sort of thing!
To install and update the pack in game, just double click the new .mcpack file to have it automatically import into your resource packs. You can then apply the pack to your global resources and use it wherever you like! Make sure that any pack addons you are using are applied above the base pack.
- Defined PBR - Subtle Fog 1.1.3
- Defined PBR - Old Ores 1.1.3
- Defined PBR - Old Glowing Ores 1.1.3
- Defined PBR - Luminosity 1.1.3
- Defined PBR - Lower Grass 1.1.3
- Defined PBR - Glowing Terracotta 1.1.3
- Defined PBR - Glowing Ores 1.1.3
- Defined PBR - Clear Water 1.1.3
- Defined PBR - Cinematic Fog 1.1.3
- Defined PBR 1.1.5
- Defined PBR - Borderless Glass 1.1.5