Did someone ask for a snapshot full of tasty Caves & Cliffs features? Then you came to the right place! This particular snapshot adds blocks for dripstone – stalagmites and stalactites. Or is it stalactites and stalagmites? Anyway, you can’t find them in the world just yet… but try out the functionality of the new blocks!
This update can also be found on minecraft.net.
- Added Dripstone Blocks and Pointed Dripstone
- Forms a stalactite if placed on the ceiling or a stalagmite if placed on the floor
- Can be combined to form longer stalactites & stalagmites
- Stalagmites break if not attached to something below
- Landing or jumping on a stalagmite hurts! They are sharp
- Stalactites fall down if not attached to something above
- Being hit by a falling stalactite hurts! They are sharp
- Stalactites drip water (or lava if there is lava above the ceiling)
- A stalactite with a water source above the ceiling will gradually fill a cauldron below with water
- A stalactite with a lava source above the ceiling will fill a cauldron below with lava after a while
- Thrown tridents break pointed dripstone
Changes in 20w48a
- Right-clicking a bundle in the inventory now empties one item from the bundle
- Using a bundle now throws out its entire content into the world
- Advanced tooltips now show how full a bundle is
- Candles can now only be placed if there is a solid surface below
- Wearing any piece of leather armor now prevents freezing entirely
- Changed textures for amethysts, candles, clocks and compasses
Technical Changes in 20w48a
- Added a
freezeDamagegame rule that allows players to toggle whether powder snow causes freeze damage or not
Fixed bugs in 20w48a
- MC-3615 – Lava and water are completely transparent at certain height levels
- MC-176614 – Swimming and doing certain actions make the player look very odd/does not have animations for swimming + doing certain actions
- MC-198864 – World border does not render below y=0 / above y=255
- MC-203602 – Spyglass animation is wrong when swimming
- MC-203645 – Spyglass wobbles when walking while in use
- MC-203824 – Weird Hand animation when attacking and using spyglass at the same time
- MC-203925 – Items inside of a bundle disappear if you empty the bundle in the inventory when in Creative mode while the inventory is full
- MC-203951 – The elder guardian particle moves when an elder guardian moves
- MC-204323 – Inconsistency: Crafting copper blocks into slabs only yields 4 slabs instead of 6
- MC-204424 – Using a spyglass while gliding with an elytra points the spyglass down in third person view
- MC-205041 – Full leather armour does not prevent freezing damage
- MC-205069 – Powdered snow doesn’t give you frozen effect in creative mode
- MC-205072 – Snow Ambient Effect sometimes don’t show correctly on the edge of a Powder Snow Block
- MC-205145 – Compass with nothing to point to will spin very rapidly when in bundle.
- MC-205197 – Creating a map from an empty map no longer plays a sound
- MC-205220 – Cannot manipulate horse.saddle using /item command
- MC-205269 – Chest closing sounds desynced with closing animations
- MC-205321 – Item modifiers that change the item type don’t work on entities
- MC-205445 – The Fabulous graphics warning is shown at the wrong time
- MC-205492 – The ‘Include entities’ option in the structure block UI is the opposite of the actual behavior
- MC-205567 – TNT flashes are translucent once again
- MC-205627 – Item modifiers that change the count to 0 don’t completely remove the item
- MC-206058 – /item modify doesn’t visually update the model of an item in an item frame
Get the Snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
What else is new?
If you want to know what else is being added and changed in the Caves & Cliffs Update, check out the previous snapshot post.