Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock DECAY: Tech-Demo [Horror] [RTX]

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

DECAY: Tech-Demo [Horror] [RTX]

You don't know who you are. You don't know where are you or how did you get here. Only thing that you know for sure is that you need to get out. The COMPLEX, the facility you're stuck in, is under some sort of breach and without any trace of anyone's presence. Or is it?...

DECAY: Tech-Demo is a horror map that was inspired by old indie horror game series developed by Frictional Games Penumbra. The main objective of this project is to make unique and exclusive horror "game" for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and to prove that Minecraft horror maps can be scary and complex at the same time with interesting story.

The one of my priorities is to make the map look decent in terms of graphics. Because Minecraft's ambient lighting usually ruins the experience of horror maps, I had decided to create my own shader that should make the maps a LOT darker (and if you'll set the screen brightness to 0, the game will look perfect). I also had to use XG's Realight Add-on to make the map even playable here is the link to his Add-on page:

Next up is my texture pack. The default resolution is 128×128, but it could be decreased to 64×64 or 32×32. Most of these textures were made by me by just taking photos of walls, floors, machinery etc., modifying it in GIMP and then putting it into my resource pack. Music (except for the music contained in Frictional games Music Pack) was created by me as well with help of LMMS. 

Map took me something about a year to complete, but that's because I sometimes needed a break to do something else.

GALLERY

Really dark, isn't it?

Now with RTX (by Jakob Norman)

RTX Pack by Jakob Norman

Decay: Lost in Time

Now I'm working on Decay: Lost in Time, which will be just a small minigame for DECAY: Tech-Demo. The map will be small as well and it will be a view to the past and on the begginig of this project. The map will be available soon, but for now it's still WIP.

Some photos of the project:

DISCLAIMER: Playstation, XBOX and Windows 10 edition will not run the shader pack. I'm sorry for that.

creator: https://twitter.com/HoLuB_official

Changelog
  • Added RTX Compatibility Pack        (by Jakob Norman). Now you can enjoy the game with better graphics!

Installation

1. Click on one of two download links (.mcworld for PC, Consoles and Android, .zip for iOS),
  2. You'll be redirected to MediaFire.com where you'll download the file,
  3. In case of .mcworld, open the file via your file browser (in case of Android, use Google Files only. Other file browsers will open it as a .zip file)
  4. In case of .zip, extract the archive and paste the world folder int here:

"storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mojang.minecraftpe/files/com.mojang/minecraftWorlds"

For Android users

Topic starter Posted : 04/01/2022 11:04 am
McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

updated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/01/2022 12:53 pm
Share: