Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCPE/Bedrock Creeping Crypts: Random Dungeons

McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

Creeping Crypts: Random Dungeons

Hello! Have you ever wanted a new Mineshaft-like or Stronghold-like dungeon? Well now you can have one! With this Add-On, you will see some tower-like structures in your world that have dungeons underneath! These dungeons can get large, so be sure to pack an extra lunch!

Be sure to share this addon with all your friends if you enjoy!

MAKE SURE TO READ THROUGH THE PAGE BEFORE DOWNLOADING.

These dungeons have several rooms. When you explore your world, you may randomly encounter structures that look like this from time-to-time.

These structures are VERY RARE. They may not generate within 500-3000 blocks of you.

The dungeons can get quite expansive at times, however if you have a low-end device, your screen could potentially freeze for a few seconds while it generates. These dungeons will not cut into each other, instead they are programmed to connect to themselves so you can avoid the eyesore of them ramming into each other nonsensically.

Here is a showcase of the dungeon being generated in a flat world:

Here are some more screenshots:

1.0.0 [OLD]

The start of creeping crypts. As the add-on changes this section may be changed.

Old tower:

Old entrance room:

This addon has now been updated to work on 1.20.30 and newer. Future versions require this version or higher to run the add-on. Sorry guys but otherwise they will not generate for 1.20.30+ players.

The tower has an all-new updated appearance.

Several bugs were fixed relating to room generation. One room has had its loot updated slightly.

Behind the scenes I am preparing to release a full version that does not require experiments AT ALL.

Hang tight guys!

• Note: There are still bugs relating to generating on the surface when near water. Sometimes the blocks will be waterlogged as well. Working on a fix.

Tower has now been completely rebuilt. It looks WAAAY better now 😀

Also added a new room, an end portal room.

Bug Fixes:

• Rooms will generally try not to generate above ground anymore (i cannot fully fix this yet, they may still show above ground)
  • Spawners appear more often
  • Monsters will now spawn correctly
  • Unfortunately the waterlogging issue is not fixable.
  • There should be a far less chance of dungeons generating near each other now, but they are now a lot rarer as a result.

Dungeons can no longer spawn in mountain biomes since i noticed a generation issue in these biomes.

I reduced the appearance rate of one of the spawn rooms, don't want too many creepers blowing you up now do we?

Also, I wasn't quite happy with the tower, so I changed it a little.

Expect the halls to start looking different in 1.0.4 and beyond. They aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing and I want your experience to be as smooth and pleasant as possible...or unpleasant considering the monsters 😉

1.0.3.1 Hotfix

1.0.3.1 Hotfix

Fixed a bug with the puzzle rooms not generating the pattern, fixed generation again. Note: Structures may be occasionally cut, working on a fix

New Hall Showcase

Old:

New:

Which do you like better, the old one or the new one? Let me know in the comments! Disclaimer: the new ones are for NEXT update and are not out in 1.0.3.

Now the dungeon's above-ground structure won't appear to carve out a square shape in the terrain, but this also means the structure may generate buried almost entirely.

Updated how the entrance tunnel and the room below look.

The dungeons will also be a little less rare. DO NOT MISINTERPRET THIS. They are still rare.

1.0.3.9 Hotfix

This just fixes an issue where structures are sometimes cut in half. Structures also appear a little more often.

This Add-On is still in Beta. You may come across problems during the game.

If you have any ideas for any rooms or hallways, please do leave a comment down below with your suggestion, it would really help me! 😀

You may use this Add-On for videos as long as you link directly to this page.

If I catch anyone reuploading this Add-On without my permission, I WILL FILE A DMCA CLAIM. I DO NOT TOLERATE PEOPLE REUPLOADING MY ASSETS TO ANOTHER SITE. 

If you see this page on any website other than here or, in the future, Modrinth, go to McBedrock and search for this Add-On in the search bar, and let me know in the comments.

You cannot use my assets without my personal permission.

Hope you have fun playing with this pack!

Changelog
  • Fixed chance for structure to be cut
  • Structures will now appear more often
  • Solved a mystery with Scooby and the gang

Installation

• Preferably you need a device that isn't low-end. For example, I do not recommend using a Samsung A03.
  • For iOS Installation:
  • For Windows 10: literally just double-click
  • I cannot help Android or Xbox users as I do not have these devices, so I do not know how to install on them.
  • To use this Add-On, you must have this experiment turned on.
  • Also note that there are TWO packs for versions 1.0.1 and higher. YOU MUST ENABLE BOTH FOR IT TO WORK. 1.0.0 version still works as previously, but requires "Custom Biomes" toggle to work and only works on versions below 1.20.30.
  • Remember to delete the previous packs before installing, otherwise the next packs will not install.

creator: https://www.twitter.com/@ElektrikaGaming

This topic was modified 3 months ago by McBedrock
Topic starter Posted : 31/05/2023 6:08 pm
McBedrock
(@mcbedrock1)
Illustrious Member Admin

updated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2024 5:54 pm
Share: