TheSpicyNugget
(@thespicynugget)
Estimable Member

Can you get custom player/mob heads?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2018 3:22 pm
(@radiatedmonkey)
Eminent Member

I do not believe you can modify loot tables in a sense where what the mobs drop will change along with chances and whatnot but you can have a command block set up to test for items that mobs may drop and drop your own item in that location by cloning and then destroying a chest and teleporting the item to the item the mob has dropped before killing that natural mob drop item.

You could do it like this: You place an always active repeating command block facing upwards with the command: /execute @e[type=item,name=(Item the mob drops)] - - - clone (Coordinates of the chest with the loot drop) (Same coordinates as the first one) - - -. Then you put an always active chain command block on top with the command: /kill @e[type=item,name=(Name of the loot item) (The "-" represents a tilder, because I can't find it on my keyboard)

I hope this helped!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2018 3:39 pm
(@radiatedmonkey)
Eminent Member

Can you get custom player/mob heads?

You cannot get custom player heads, on pc you would use the "SkullOwner" tag, but that's not available on Bedrock edition.
Probably the only way to get custom player heads is by using a resource pack to retexture the current heads.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2018 3:50 pm
TheSpicyNugget
(@thespicynugget)
Estimable Member

How do you get command blocks to activate when you walk over them without pressure plates or observers?
Ex: You want to make a horror map with jump scare but you don't want the people to see the pressure plate or observer block

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2018 4:49 pm
(@supermagic4)
Eminent Member

How do you get command blocks to activate when you walk over them without pressure plates or observers?
Ex: You want to make a horror map with jump scare but you don't want the people to see the pressure plate or observer block

What you could do is use a testfor command testing for the player on the certain co-ordinate over the command block, here is an example: /testfor @p[X=~,Y=~,Z=~]. Use that in your command block under that under the player. The ~ stands for the co-ordinates. Make the command block a repeating command block, and on always active. Now put another command block next to the arrow on the repeat command block, and make sure the 2nd command block is touching the arrow and that the arrow is facing the 2nd command block. Now in the second command block, you can do one of two things. 1, you could put a setblock command in the command block, and the block that is being set would activate another chain of command blocks somewhere else. 2, you coud just put the one command in the 2nd command block. Now after you do that, make the 2nd command block a chain command block, and on conditional, and on always active. Now it should work. If something does not work right or you do not understand something, just reply what you didn't get and I will help answer. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2018 5:50 pm
TheSpicyNugget
(@thespicynugget)
Estimable Member

It keeps activating even when I'm not standing on the block above it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2018 6:56 pm
(@supermagic4)
Eminent Member

It keeps activating even when I'm not standing on the block above it.

Sorry! I actually forgot a really important detail. this is the command that should be input in the repeating command block instaid: /testfor @p[X=~,Y=~,Z=~,R=1]. notice at the end I added a R=1. That is the radius of the block so it only detects players on that one block. But, just for verification, what exact command did you put in both of the command blocks. If there is any other problems please reply back to me. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2018 8:09 pm
TheSpicyNugget
(@thespicynugget)
Estimable Member

Sorry! I actually forgot a really important detail. this is the command that should be input in the repeating command block instaid: /testfor @p[X=~,Y=~,Z=~,R=1]. notice at the end I added a R=1. That is the radius of the block so it only detects players on that one block. But, just for verification, what exact command did you put in both of the command blocks. If there is any other problems please reply back to me. Thanks!

In the first command block I'd put /testfor @p [x=~,y=~,z=~] and In the second I would put /title @p title welcome and It would repeatedly keep saying it over and over even though I wasn't on the block above the command block. But thanks for responding!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2018 9:33 pm
TheSpicyNugget
(@thespicynugget)
Estimable Member

Ok so I figured out how everything works but how do you make the command block with testfor @p [x=~,y=~,z=~,r=1] only activate once, so if I keep standing on top of it won't keep repeating the command over and over? Also another thing is how can you delay command blocks without redstone connecting to it if I want to use the command above for story or something and need stuff to be timed properly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2018 10:24 pm
(@nikoskon)
Eminent Member

you can do /testfor @a[x=(coord),y=(coord),z=(coord)] if you have you command blocks far away, but if you have the command blocks near your trap do /testfor @a[r=(radius)]

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/03/2018 11:16 am
TheSpicyNugget
(@thespicynugget)
Estimable Member

How can you delay command blocks without redstone repeaters or other redstone blocks?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2018 2:20 pm
(@radiatedmonkey)
Eminent Member

How can you delay command blocks without redstone repeaters or other redstone blocks?

You could build a timer using an armorstand falling trough cobwebs, if the armorstand hits the pressure plate it will output a signal. I think it's easier to use repeaters or a hopper timer.(Ignore the title)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2018 2:55 pm
(@nikoskon)
Eminent Member

When scoreboards come out for mcbe, then you can set timers with it, but until then, it is possible only for java edition!!!
So you have to use blocks that have delay, like smelting an item or armor stands falling through cobwebs, as RadiatedMonkey said.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/03/2018 11:58 am
(@radiatedmonkey)
Eminent Member

Everything gets much easier when we get scoreboards on Bedrock.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2018 4:32 pm
TheSpicyNugget
(@thespicynugget)
Estimable Member

How do you make/give villagers custom trades, like two diamonds for a sword or something? Also can you spawn mobs with nametags like a zombie named Bill?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2018 7:36 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: