A delicious snapshot appears! This snapshot introduces some tweaks to the raw ore textures, a few copper changes, and the introduction of noodle caves in the Caves & Cliffs Preview datapack.
This update can also be found on minecraft.net.
If you find any bugs, please report them on the official Minecraft Issue Tracker. You can also leave feedback on the Feedback site.Changes in 21w17a
- Small dripleaves can now also be placed on moss blocks
- Copper ore drops 2-3 raw copper when mined, or more when using a tool enchanted with Fortune
- Copper blocks are now crafted from 9 copper ingots
- Tweaked the texture of raw metal blocks
Changes to the Caves & Cliffs Preview
Download the updated datapack.
- Large Ore Veins have been tweaked
- Added noodle caves – thinner, squigglier, and more claustrophobic variant of spaghetti caves
Large Ore Veins
- Ore veins are now slightly rarer and slightly smaller (but they are still large!)
- The ores in the vein are clumpier and less evenly distributed
- If you are lucky you may find a raw ore block in the vein
Bugs fixed in 21w17a
- MC-170443 – Banner copying recipe ignores existence of other items in crafting grid
- MC-187664 – World border uses float to determine its size, making some border sizes inaccessible, and cannot be set to 30 million or beyond
- MC-201269 – Constantly teleporting player to a phantom crashes the game/kicks the player
- MC-203570 – Candles aren’t grouped in the recipe book
- MC-203745 – Repeated teleport between dimensions causes the entity to duplicate on the client
- MC-204031 – Waxed Cut Copper (any level of weathered) have two separate recipes in the recipe book
- MC-214187 – Void platform generates multiple times
- MC-214735 – Horse disappears when dying while riding it and reloading the world while it’s unloaded
- MC-214838 – Big dripleaf stem remains after breaking a stem or leaf above it
- MC-214865 – Floating islands world type generates extreme terrain
- MC-219155 – Fishing line only starts on half distance between the fishing rod and bobber (Apple M1 only)
- MC-219840 – You cannot unlock the recipe for Mossy Stone Bricks
- MC-219842 – Recipes for mossy cobblestone and mossy stone bricks aren’t grouped
- MC-220033 – (Parity issue) Hanging Roots can’t be waterlogged
- MC-221560 – Copper/Coal Ore in Deepslate Patches aren’t Deepslate Ores
- MC-222008 – Empty/missing template pool error grammar mistake
- MC-222520 – Raw and Ore smelting previews aren’t grouped together
- MC-223055 – Amethyst buds and cluster have an unused blockstate
- MC-223792 – Shrinking world border with center past x/z 29999983 crashes the game
Get the Snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: